Notices

Ot: Watch Out!!!

Old 04-26-2002, 09:17 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Exclamation Ot: Watch Out!!!

I just got another email today that my NORTON ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM had picked up on. The Subject of the email states: Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form. It contains the w.32.KLEZ VIRUS It seems like these a$$hole$ have nothing better to do then to mess up peoples PC's.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-26-2002, 10:36 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

ya know . . you would think if a person had enough talent to write the code for a virus they would be able to get a real frik'n job and stop do'n this kind of crap. . . . . i tell ya, that and a three foot tall candle really burn my ass.
Old 04-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Mike J

The NEW bad one Has sound
"SPEAKER" and the word HI
in the message.
Aimed mostly at Business's
Mike J.

Old 04-27-2002, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm an IT admin and different versions of THAT virus has been cought by Norton on our ( my ) Server. The thing is that they all had different subjects in the subject line of the email???!!!! So be carefull!! The updated Norton Virus definitions have seemed to catch everything (about 10 a day come through my server). I have my server set to check the Norton (Symantec) web Site three times a day to see if thier Virus definitions have been updated and automatically download the new definitions.

p.s. the one subject line that contained a Virus read: How to protect yourself from the KLEZ virus.
Old 04-27-2002, 12:29 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

My buddy got the virus in his computer. He knew it when he got a few hundred non deliverable emails back.

This virus was a bastard. It erased a few files from Macafee so the program would not open. I crashed the installation of Norton every time. After 4 hours of screwing around I went to the Symantec site and found a big red button that said this is the tool to remove the Klen virus and any of it's derivitives.

It was free and worked perfectly. Go Norton.

I agree, I don't understand why someone would spend the time to write this code. For what benifit. This should be a crime that gets life in prison. They might help to be a deterant.
Old 04-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Contagious

Forgive me Im not that great with a computer, Is the only way to get this virus when you open an attachment or someother way?

Old 04-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Yes, don't open any attachements that have an .exe or .dat or .sir as extentions.

Once the virus gets into the system it emails itself to others. So virus's can come from friends and they won't even know it.
Old 04-27-2002, 12:47 PM
Tigerlily

Default a way they almost got me

is when I received an e mail from a friend who happens to be relatively big in the music business. This is what the attachment said:

MYNEWESTSTUFF.MP3.exe

I almost missed the "real" file extension because I saw what I expected to see on something from her. A close call for certain.

There is another free site i use to double check my system that works great

http://www.housecall.antivirus.com it's from trend micro and it works like a charm..does a nice job cleaning house