The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin >

The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin

Notices

The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
If anyone has a problem with me or my posts, now you know what I look like if you want to come find me!

You are so ugly. And I am so beautiful, me and my yellow fur! Look at me!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

At the rate this is going the repercussions to the other site could be SERIOUS!

Sorry!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
At the rate this is going the repercussions to the other site could be SERIOUS!

Sorry!
Yep and that is fine because the offshore industry doesn't need a con man in charge of a performance boat media outlet......even if it a small time website. Especially small time now!!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Well, after following this battle and sitting it out pretty much from the beginning, I’ve finally decided to come forward with a public opinion (not that mine matters to most) .

I think it boils down to many are extremely P.O.’d about the fact they feel they’ve been taken advantage of. Whether perceived or real, the feeling is present with many members. After questions and concerns were addressed, Chris acted more as a guilty person than an innocent one. Chris might understand the theory of guilty conscience and guilty behavior if he indeed actually trained police forces as he claimed. Whether he acted this way because some of the allegations were true or all of them were true, we’ll probably never know. But after reading through all of this crap, I can clearly see there are issues and Chris does not appear to be upfront about things.

After problems with OSO surfaced during the transition from Steve to IB many people were upset with this website, understandably so; waiting to log on, down time and other issues are irritating. Many have come to feel OSO as their home away from home. Being treated like sh!t by your supposed home is not a good feeling.

Chris and others forged ahead, deciding to create a website with the intent to make it what OSO was not. Personally run/home feeling with out the drama and favoritism that seemed to rear its ugly head on OSO every once in a while.

The intent “seemed” real. Those involved dove in head first to create a great site. After the dust settles and the new site (SOS) started getting its footing, some inconsistencies and questions arose from those who helped build the site, about Chris - the supposed master mind behind it all. When those called Chris out on the issues, they were shunned or ignored.

People like Rob began baling and as time moved forward and more questions arose, more people bailed due to the lack of response from Chris.

I read through the posts Nort put up. The blatant arrogance, and seemingly bull**** that flows from his posts is actually mind boggling. The mystery that surrounds Chris’ claims turned from amusing to concerning for many – why are we supporting someone who lies and fabricates things and has an apparent agenda?

No one likes to be made a fool. I was one of those fools. I was asked to come onto SOS as a founding member. I reached out to other various websites with word of this new website forming. My first clue should have been the short, cold email I got from Chris when I was getting too many people to sign up for SOS. It gave me a little insight, to what his personality is…I was attempting to help this website and I basically get scolded for bringing too many people over too fast. Ok. I hear ya, you have a formula for your knew site. All good.

It is now apparent to me that Chris wanted to build SOS using the fuel of people being fed up with OSO, to build a site and sell it off for a prophet. A typical get rich scheme off the backs of others work (those helping build the site – “for the love of the sport”, not for the love of the money).

This of course brings me to my next question. How is Chris going to be able to afford to run SOS on his own? I don’t know his financial situation, but I know he had a financial backer who has now departed SOS. So who is going to front the bill?

The other observation I’ve made is that since all the fall out of “Chris-gate”, the members have run from SOS. This is apparent by the fact the first page on general discussion goes back several days, a clear sign of a wounded site. There are those that have hung in there )for reasons I can't grasp) and are attempting life support to SOS which is a ship in destress and going down inmho, but it is transparent and void of true content in my opinion. And then there are others over there like Gino, that just don’t know the history that has been going on. This handful of users over there are the only ones that keep that place going. I truly believe we won’t be hearing from Chris or his website in the near future.

Like I said, people don’t like to be taken advantage of or made to be a fool. Two things Chris has apparently done to his members. Passing bullsh!t and lies is (and should not be) tolerated. There’s enough scam artists around already. To be duped by “one of our own” is unfortunate.
Tank......nice post! Chris Sunkin is like any other con man. He's conned someone else into paying the monthly server bill, but for how much longer? If that person REALLY knew what the deal was with Chris Sunkin, he would pull the plug.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Technically speaking, he made a number of serious mistakes. He almost seemed ambivalent in what he was ding. Once he cuffed Mr. Smarta$$, he left him. I have long arms and it takes me maybe 2 or 3 seconds to get my hands in front of me when cuffed. If the mouthy guy was armed, the trooper would have died. That's just one of a long list.
a very long list........
Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
What really sux is that I ordered a bunch of shirts a week before all the fallout went public! Now I got a half dozen Serious Offshore boat rags!

Tom....that does suck! Maybe return them and try to get your money back?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nort

What I find completely stupid is the fact that Mr. Sunkin sent a letter or email to S.C.O.P.E. about your behavior. If Mr. Sunkin is the staple of the offshore community that he claims to be and has been around these message boards for such an extended period of time, then how can someone be so ignorant to the fact to not know who Norton Alderson is and his relationship to this message board and the Southern California Offshore Powerboat Elite?!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Nort

What I find completely stupid is the fact that Mr. Sunkin sent a letter or email to S.C.O.P.E. about your behavior. If Mr. Sunkin is the staple of the offshore community that he claims to be and has been around these message boards for such an extended period of time, then how can someone be so ignorant to the fact to not know who Norton Alderson is and his relationship to this message board and the Southern California Offshore Powerboat Elite?!!!!!!

LOL......who said that this con man was a smart man? He is a good bull $hitter but Chris Sunkin obviously is a desperate man that will take advantage of others without a second thought about it.

When he sent that email to the SCOPE Board of Directors with all that fabricated info, he might as well have sent it to my wife.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
LOL......who said that this con man was a smart man? He is a good bull $hitter but Chris Sunkin obviously is a desperate man that will take advantage of others without a second thought about it.

When he sent that email to the SCOPE Board of Directors with all that fabricated info, he might as well have sent it to my wife.
He did the same thing with me at the beginning.

Thought he would "clue in" someone that might not know that I tried to take over his site.

It was JAYBOAT.

WTF !!!????
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
He did the same thing with me at the beginning.

Thought he would "clue in" someone that might not know that I tried to take over his site.

It was JAYBOAT.

WTF !!!????
I think I set a record for forwarding a PM on that one.

Had to have been less than 10 seconds.

I think its fairly obvious that if this bozo had any real smarts none of these threads would exist. Must suck to be him these days.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.