Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews? >

Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews?

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Avoid them

Anyone considering using POP Yachts. I recommend you avoid them like the plague! I bought a boat from them months ago and the experience has gone from bad to worse. They pretend to be professional and experienced but when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road, they fall flat! I am currently unable to register my boat because they cannot provide proof that the vessel has been released from the registry in Florida. They overcharged for all of their services. and to make it worse, they will not return my phone calls or messages. I have had to resort to a lawsuit in order to try and get the papers that I need. More expenses! These guys are slimy! Be careful.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

You have to remember popyachts has only been in business since 09' I think this guy is doing a great job! They have over 1900 listings up from 224 in 09'. They have to be something right for god sake. Just because there are bad apples, I dont believe this is one..
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

This is to Costa Rica: They may not be a pop problem, this may be a seller problem. They cant control the seller. Remember they are the middle guy..
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered

Pop Yachts is a legit broker. They just sold our 33' Baja Outlaw in less than 2 months. We listed it on Craigslist and Pop Yachts contacted us to Broker it for us. We listed it with them, but the agreement was such that if we sold it ourselves we paid no Broker Fee. We received weekly reports showing how many hits their ads received, where they were from and how many inquiries they received. The whole process was totally professional and well worth the Broker fee. They took care of ALL the paperwork and title transfers. Our money was wired to our checking account. No tire kickers allowed. Before you take the potential buyers for a sea trial Pop Yachts has to have a deposit. I would highly recommend them due to their extensive marketing strategy. Our boat was in Michigan. It is now in Nebraska thanks Brad Butcher from Pop Yachts.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kimoj529
Our boat was in Michigan. It is now in Nebraska thanks Brad Butcher from Pop Yachts.
Was yours the 33 Outlaw in Detroit? If so, Brad Butcher contacted me on your boat, but I was set on something bigger. That boat was absolutely immaculate. Congrats on the sale.

And yes, Brad Butcher seemed to me to be nothing but professional and good to work with.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

From a listing standpoint they do a great job of detailing each vessel with a ton of pictures; however, the broker I was dealing with left a lot to be desired. I had contacted them about a boat I saw listed and then, after seeing the detailed pics, decided that it needed too much work. The broker asked me what I was looking for and I gave him my very short list - 2 makes & models of boats. With a few hours I got an email from him with about 20 boat listings, none of which were the ones I had indicated that I wanted. I politely told him that I was only interested in X and Y. The next morning I again received another email with 10 - 12 more non-applicable listings. The same occured the day after, whereupon I not-so-politely told him to "lose my email". Guess its the ole theory of "if you throw enough poo against the wall, some of it will eventually stick".
Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
Just joined and first post...things that make you want to go "Hmmm".

If you are legit, sorry, but we always question these unless the poster introduces him- or herself, and is asking a question about a boat.

Michael
Oh Michael, don't be such a skeptic!

There does seem to be a few one/two post posters on here though!

I found a pretty clean 38 Fountain that is local to me on their site. I contacted them and they (Scott from SF Bay Area) has been very good about getting back to me and trying to set up a viewing at the seller's home. I just haven't been able to free up enough time to look at it.

He has been very professional so far, follows up but not aggressively so. I like the fact that I would be looking at the boat at the seller's residence so if anything wanky happened, with the sale or if I just had questions about the boat I would know where he lives.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Registered

Well none of their stuff can be viewed on an ipad, so they must be either Fred Flinstone or completely retarded! Welcome to the 21st century
my friends! Good luck selling anything that can't be viewed apple style!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Registered

I've been helping my dad sell his boat on Craigslist and Pop Yachts contacted me despite my selecting the Craigslist indicator of:

"it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests"

which is displayed clearly at the bottom of the listing. This isn't unique as I had 6 other brokers contact me through the same violation of terms, but what makes Pop Yachts so special is that unlike the other brokers, they won't stop emailing me.

This morning, some 6 weeks after my early August posting on Craigslist, I've gotten yet another email from someone new at Pop Yachts. My previous requests to removed from their email list have all been ignored but their replies are peppered with snarky comments like "Boating season is almost over...up to you." or "What's the hold up?" both from Jon Wakley, who is either related to the sender of this morning's email, Wes Wakley, or they're using fake names with a nautical theme. They're both using the same email address [email protected]. I guess if I was spamming hundreds of people a day I probably wouldn't use my real name either.

These people are the worst caliber of slimy sales people plain and simple. There is nothing honorable in trolling Craigslist for people who don't want to be contacted regarding commercial services and then repeatedly emailing them in the hopes that they can make a sales commission without leaving their computer. If someone won't honor a request to stop emailing you, then I would really question whether or not you want them representing/assisting you in a major financial transaction.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Oh Michael, don't be such a skeptic!
Sorry, I guess I have been around the block a few times...or is that called "being taken for a ride"? I can't remember.

We've got even more first posts now.

So you are looking at a 35...uh, I mean, 38 Fountain?

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 09-26-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.