Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews? >

Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews?

Notices

Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

POP Yachts Venture is just that. It was a novel idea but has quickly become a scam. I am a successful yacht broker. My commission is included in the sales price. POP adds 10% onto the price for their commission. As I understand it, from calling on a few of their listings, most have NEVER seen the boat they are representing and have no idea of what it takes to sell a boat. It is not just the sale. It also includes market research, keeping the seller informed of market trends, arranging sale, survey and sea trial, answering questions pertaining to taxes, escrow accounts etc. Anyone can sell a boat but it takes a real broker to do it well. My brokerage is the largest in the USA and we will not do business with POP Yachts.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered

My dad boat a boat from them this spring, and made out good. He wanted to go look at the boat, & they told him no. Said he had to make an offer first, when owner accepted it, & my dad sent a refundable down payment he could. So he did, and when he called to line up looking at it, they acted like it was unnecessary. He wanted to look at before he had it surveyed. Guess that's how some people buy. Other that that, it went smoothly.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

What's with so many people posting on this thread with only a couple of posts? Most of these people have screen names from years ago. Sounds a little fu€ked up to me.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

I bought my boat from them this past May, I have nothing bad to say about them at all. Even waived the down payment. I went and saw the boat prior to the sea trial and survey. Got the owners information before meeting him for the sea trial.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Couple thing I have noticed about Pop Yachts are:

super persistent if you inquire about buying a boat they have listed you will get emails or contacted everyday almost. Not saying that is a bad thing for the seller. It is the same if you speak to them about listing a boat for you until you finally do list it with them.

They seem to price boats out the market. I listed my boat for sale with them. They priced it over 12,000 higher than I had it listed anywhere else. I also bought a boat that they had listed from the owner off another site he had it at for 20,000 less. I will also say they were always friendly when I had communications with them.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scott scott
POP Yachts Venture is just that. It was a novel idea but has quickly become a scam. I am a successful yacht broker. My commission is included in the sales price. POP adds 10% onto the price for their commission. As I understand it, from calling on a few of their listings, most have NEVER seen the boat they are representing and have no idea of what it takes to sell a boat. It is not just the sale. It also includes market research, keeping the seller informed of market trends, arranging sale, survey and sea trial, answering questions pertaining to taxes, escrow accounts etc. Anyone can sell a boat but it takes a real broker to do it well. My brokerage is the largest in the USA and we will not do business with POP Yachts.
I have no experience with Pop Yacht, but..... what ever happened to professional courtesy You claim it is a scam because they don't follow the traditional way you do business? Here is a news flash, most fast growing businesses choose to do things different, and become successful giving consumers an option. Listerine once owned the mouthwash market, Scope stole it by being different...not making another wash that tasted like crap as well. Listerine has since dropped the medicine taste and now tastes minty like Scope

You come here anonymously and rag on one of your competitors. You have went as far as to call on their ads to see what they know, which shows me they are stealing market share from you. And FYI a seller will be ecstatic that the commission is added to the sale price, a common thing that is done in high end auctions. What does the buyer care if the price is agreed??? Your theory doesn't make much sense. What does it matter if they have SEEN the boat in this digital age? Someone is paying for that travel. The only one that needs to see the boat is the buyer and the surveyor. It is never a good business practice to talk bad about the competition, being the "largest" I would hope you know that.

Seems to me they are listing and selling a lot of boats, with a lot of praise. They are working hard to seek new listings for people that can't seem to sell their boats....even though you claim "anyone can sell a boat" it looks as if they are helping people that can't. You are spending time searching the internet for ways to throw them under the bus anonymously?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

POP sold my boat in 7 days... no complaints. very professional
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Registered

Good peeps!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

I've been contacted by pop yachts. Can you elaborate on your sale? Went well, boat shipped, no fee unless it sold, money was wired to your account. Any help will be much appreciated!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mozedog23
I've been contacted by pop yachts. Can you elaborate on your sale? Went well, boat shipped, no fee unless it sold, money was wired to your account. Any help will be much appreciated!
YES ALL OF THE ABOVE, they work around the sellers schedule,no sea trials without a down payment,handle the negotiations,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.