Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/231767-pop-yachts-good-bad-reviews.html)

waterboy222 06-01-2010 06:24 PM

Pop Yachts, good/bad reviews?

Looking at a boat from a brokerage out of FL called "Pop Yachts". They dont list the locations of their boats and they have some big name stuff available. It makes me a litte leary when you cant get all the info you need from their site. And After all the stories of people gettin burned by brokers, I thought Id ask and see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about them.

Thanks

waterboy222 06-02-2010 11:53 AM

I noticed the same thing, But they were also almost $60k less on a gladiator that was listed elsewhere. Some of their prices seem to be REALLY good and some seem to be REALLY high, and the same boats are listed with other brokerages. It just makes me wonder if they truly have any PHYSICAL inventory or if they are just reading the specs off an index card and waitin to catch their 5%

DollaBill 06-02-2010 12:11 PM

stick with a known broker

waterboy222 06-02-2010 02:45 PM

Thats what I was trying to find out, if they were a known broker or not.

bcfountain 06-02-2010 02:56 PM

pop-yachts

i was looking at a 38fever they had.they returned all my e-mail and phone calls.other than that i do not know much about them.some of these companys selling boats will not return calls or e-mails.not the makeing of a good busness person if you ask me.

Jade212 08-21-2010 11:08 AM

POP Yachts in Sarasota?

Hey, if you mean the outfit called POP Yachts out of Sarasota, they are legit. I haven't worked them to buy a new boat yet (soon though), but they sold my Whaler in Feb! It was quick and pretty easy. I know the owners were the guys that started BoatShed and built it to some 30+ locations. They may only be a year old, but these guys know why they're doing. I don't know about their price cuz like I said, I was selling mine. Anyway, I had a great experience and I think people should know.

boating37 08-21-2010 11:24 AM

They sell off other listings, they call me with boats to look at and I know more about the boat then they do,I told them I have seen it already somewhere else.

MegaByte*3 08-21-2010 09:35 PM

They have very few physical listings. They typically co-broker other listings and have little to no knowledge of boats that they do not list themselves.

elmoooo 10-21-2011 06:30 PM

POP Yachts

POP Yachts called me today to see if I wanted to list my 2005:party-smiley-004::party-smiley-004: 38' Lightning with them. They said they would list it internationaly and they have over 105places to put my ad. What I want to know if they sell my boat will I get paid, I was told by a friend that this was a scam like the cars being sold. they said that there was no charge and I could sell the boat my self with no commission, that they would inrease the price higher than mine to make there money. Some imput would be welcome.

Thanks
Elmoooo