What did you see this week-end? >

What did you see this week-end?

Notices

What did you see this week-end?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What did you see this week-end?

Well I know this is one of the first big week-end of the boating season. Many of us worked hard to make sure the boat was in perfect condition before we went out life jackets,anchor lines and so on. Well it is amazing what people will do, with out thinking, weather they had a drink or not. This Sunday I put the boat in with my daughter and brought it to the dock 30 min run up the river all is great I`m happy. On Monday the rest of the family came out, we headed down to the beach to hook up with friends and that`s when the fun started. For starters a jet ski with no numbers on it and no life jacket. As more people went by it got even worse 20ft cuddy with a person on the bow hanging on the bow rail, pulling a tube with the rider not wearing a life jacket, I swear I`m not making this up. This takes the cake a father on a jet ski with his six or seven year old daughter, the little girl driving while Dad is hanging off the back of the ski he was in the water. And know he did not fall of he was doing this for fun

Please lets hear what happens on you water ways, its almost as good as sitting at a public launch on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks

Masi
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides the usual, I seen people throwing glass bottles in the lake, dumping grill remnants, skis running through the no wake zones, boats running WAY to close for the conditions..... Basically a usual Memorial day

Oh and leaving the local restaurant and bar there were two girls on the top of a hard top fishing boat idling out into some rough sh*t
Attached Thumbnails What did you see this week-end?-30522_1500904962658_1235191335_31490781_5236873_n.jpg   What did you see this week-end?-30522_1500905522672_1235191335_31490790_4233557_n.jpg   What did you see this week-end?-30522_1500905802679_1235191335_31490794_7613805_n.jpg  

Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

I really only saw a few people being stupid at LOTO. Nothing like what has been posted. I'm sure there were plenty around, I just notice any of them.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not see this first hand but it goes in line with the first post, a friend that just returned to our local lake from his winter in FL told me about a awful situation is was in. He owns a small everglades style air boat and was on a lake in FL when he was with flagged down by a pontoon. The pontoon had been traveling at a good speed (for a pontoon) a few girls in their 20's were sitting on the front with their feet dangeling in the water, the boat was bouncing and one of the girls sort of lifted her hip to move her position. She fell in and got swept under the boat, they picked her up from the back, she had lost her bathing suit bottom, which apparently got twisted in the prop. She was sliced across the middle of her stomach and in shock, the pontoon was having a problem because of the tangled up mess in the prop. The injured girl and her friend get on Bud's air boat, which is not really meant for hauling passengers, and they start hauling her to shore. The poor girl died on the way in. It shows you, how even on a pontoon a very horrible accident can happen.

I wonder what it will be like here this summer, our county lost all it's funding for water patrol on the inland lakes. I have already seen many boats pulling skiers and tubers without someone onboard to spot. We had a patrol boat that was moored here and you could count on them being out on weekends
Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Registered

amazing what a tool google is, I decided to see if there was info on the accident and found this

http://myfwc.com/Newsroom/10/northce...lRvBoatAcc.htm
Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I saw a big pile of empty beer cans Monday morning. I don't know how they got that way.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So sad...Thoughts and prayers to her family

Donna called Google a "Tool"

Mike, I think I know how they got that way.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i didnt experience this myself (luckily) but it is becoming a pretty regular thing on our lake/river system (unfortunatly).

Saturday there were 5 people on a boat, they decided to go for a swim. For whatever reason they LEFT THE BOAT RUNNING. the last guy to jump in somehow caught the throttle as he was going in. Boat ran over the group of people. One was ok, one was hurt and three were missing. two girls bodies were found the next day (one was only 14) and i have not heard of the guys body being found yet.

as for what i saw personally, I finally felt some justice for once. you know the guys who feel that no wake just means to not be on plane? well the sheriff was hanging out at a local bar pulling people over left and right if they were throwing any wake what so ever, it felt kinda nice to see that happening!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
So sad...Thoughts and prayers to her family

Donna called Google a "Tool"
hee hee hee John you are way to funny, my mind does not think like that

Mike, I think I know how they got that way.
Mike same here, only throw in a few wine bottles and Mojito mix. In MI we had one of the nicest and warmest M.Days on record.

unfortunately there were a lot of drowning's, about 5 in the metro area, and all on lakes! Most were people getting off their boat for a swim. Very hard for me to imagine that happening. We have gotten off to swim in the middle of Lake Erie, but it's in the day, we turn the boat off, almost always put our life jackets on or if the water is calm we sit in them (like a diaper) and tie a rope to the rub rail and hang on. Climbing off the boat near the throttle would seem awkward and hard to do, especially since it is close to the steering wheel. I wonder why he climbed overboard that way. Very sad.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Let`s hope more people start to use more common sense when they but the boat in the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.