Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How about an OSO rally at TC Cherry Festival? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23190-how-about-oso-rally-tc-cherry-festival.html)

MACDAD260 06-19-2002 10:27 PM

Anyone have any updated plans for this event? I am planning to be there on Saturday and catch the Blue Angels from the water. I just need to find a good launch ramp near TC. The date is getting close. Who else will be there? We need to coordinate a time and place so we can meet. Maybe just list cell phone #s or designate a VHF channel so we can find each other that day. Mine is 616-318-1569. What do you think? If the weather cooperates it will be a fun time.:D

See ya, Doug :cool:

Intolerant1 06-19-2002 10:43 PM

We are in for sure. We are going to try to hit TC on the 5th and prob camp at the state park. We will have my nieces on Saturday and maybe my parents. Sunday will be just the wife and I most likely...more partyful. Must stop in the cemetary in TC and pay some respects to grandparents and other family. This is the start of a 2 week vacation for us. We will be in northern Michigan the whole time. Parents live near Indian River. WE are also going to do the inland waterway from Cheboygan river. Maybe a scoot out to Beaver Island depending on water, especially if we have the kids with us then. When it gets closer to the fest, there should be a thread started in the OSO gatherings section. Stuff in this forum moves back so fast its hard to keep track.

yzbert 06-19-2002 11:23 PM

we will be coming down from petoskey on sunday

jafo 06-19-2002 11:40 PM

Hmmm....... boat is still in Muskegon- I think we might be up for a little fun in Traverse City! :)

Intolerant1 06-20-2002 01:50 AM

Correction, I was just told by "she who must be obeyed" that we will be attending the fireworks show in South Haven on the 5th. That means traveling to Traverse City on the 6th and watching the show on the 7th. :rolleyes:

MACDAD260 06-21-2002 07:14 AM

Who else is going?

Waterfoul 06-21-2002 07:37 PM

I talked to Suttons Bay Village marina yesterday. They have 180 new floating slips, and they are first come, first serve. NO reservations. Bummer.

And, the Clinch Park ramp is closed for the summer.

MACDAD260 06-21-2002 11:09 PM

To anyone familiar to Traverse City. Where is the best launch ramp on West Bay? I' ll just be coming for the day so I won't need a slip. I launched at a city marina a few years ago (It had a miniature railroad running in front of it. That's about the only thing I remember about it) but the ramp was not very good. There must be something better. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Doug

Intolerant1 06-24-2002 11:03 AM

The one with the railroad and zoo is Clinch Park, closed for the summer as stated above. I hope we are able to find somthing as we will not be arriving till later on Saturday.