Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera 41' Launched (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/231952-pantera-41-launched.html)

JO - PANTERABOATS 06-08-2010 05:39 PM

Thanks guys on all the compliments. Alot of hard work and late hours have been put into this new Pantera 41'. Ran the boat this afternoon with Brad from Mercury Racing on the wheel and tested a set of 5 blade Merc. Racing props.
It was very hot and humid here in Miami with not even a 2" chop after a brief rain storm and the boat was much faster than what we were expecting out of it. The 90 MPH class limit in Supersport class is no problem for the boat. Very good slip #s. There is still 3-4 more MPH left in it.Take your hands off the wheel at WOT. This is a BIG 41'.

We built this new Pantera 41' for the Ocean Dragon race team out of England.It will be raced in the Supersport class that has a set rule of 4.5 Kilogram per HP so we did not want to build the boat very light from the get go due to the amount of weight we have to carry ( approximately 10,500 ). HP is read from a Torque Sensor we installed.

I also gave a test run to my good friend JC that owns both Apache Warpath. He was very impressed !

I will try and post a few more pics. soon that I took this afternoon. Boat is headed to England tomorrow.

1st race will be Italy in July.

JO

Steve 1 06-08-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS (Post 3130730)
Thanks guys on all the compliments. Alot of hard work and late hours have been put into this new Pantera 41'. Ran the boat this afternoon with Brad from Mercury Racing on the wheel and tested a set of 5 blade Merc. Racing props.
It was very hot and humid here in Miami with not even a 2" chop after a brief rain storm and the boat was much faster than what we were expecting out of it. The 90 MPH class limit in Supersport class is no problem for the boat. Very good slip #s. There is still 3-4 more MPH left in it.Take your hands off the wheel at WOT. This is a BIG 41'.

We built this new Pantera 41' for the Ocean Dragon race team out of England.It will be raced in the Supersport class that has a set rule of 4.5 Kilogram per HP so we did not want to build the boat very light from the get go due to the amount of weight we have to carry ( approximately 10,500 ). HP is read from a Torque Sensor we installed.

I also gave a test run to my good friend JC that owns both Apache Warpath. He was very impressed !

I will try and post a few more pics. soon that I took this afternoon. Boat is headed to England tomorrow.

JO

The hard work shows, nicely done Pepe and Jo a lot of eyes were on this Pantera 41. Best Regards to you and family from my family.

Jassman 06-08-2010 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS (Post 3130730)

JO

Congrats..and a beautiful boat.. really like this one..Jeff

JO - PANTERABOATS 06-08-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3130129)
This does help...thank you... now what engineer deisigned the step location..thanks again .. Jeff

Engineer?
what about me!
pepe.

dkwestern 06-09-2010 11:33 AM

JO PP, I realize this was built heavy at around 10,600# per rules. What do you guess you could build the exact same boat at weight wise, with a lighter layup while maintaining your Pantera strength and quality?

Also what would you guess a basic cabin to weigh if added, benches, v-berth, enclosed head, sink, (500#'s, 1000#'s)?
Thanks and great boat!!!

Jassman 06-09-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS (Post 3130972)
Engineer?
what about me!
pepe.

Engineer, builder, designer, and racer Pepe...:boat::grinser010:

I know I missed a few.

JO - PANTERABOATS 06-09-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3131374)
Engineer, builder, designer, and racer Pepe...:boat::grinser010:

I know I missed a few.

and salesperson if need be, also in charge of sweeping floors etc etc.
later,
pp.

DollaBill 06-09-2010 11:52 AM

Jo lets see some video.

AugiePensa 06-09-2010 11:53 AM

Pepe, Jo..Congrats guy's, what a beautiful boat. Can't wait to see her run. Best Wishes, Augie

Steve 1 06-09-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS (Post 3131381)
and salesperson if need be, also in charge of sweeping floors etc etc.
later,
pp.

LOL and Master of the ultra high efficiency hydrodynamic/fluid flow ,marine running surface in sea water interface. Nice Job Pepe.