Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera 41' Launched (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/231952-pantera-41-launched.html)

Steve 1 06-23-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3142850)
Wow that first step is FORWARD of the helm. :eek:

Cat look at the boat running, Pepe did a real good job on that.

Tom A. 06-23-2010 09:07 AM

WOW! I can't wait to see the pleasure version as well!
I love the blending of old school looks with just enough modern cues to make it look new and exciting! Obviously the steps are working perfect, now I have a new favorite "next" boat! Maybe a pair of 600hp diesels for Island hopping!

omerta one 06-23-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3142986)
I figured the guy with the Cigarette was selling his to buy a 41 Pantera after a disappointing run across the ocean! :D :D :D

That Bimini crossing isn't Loto water! :party-smiley-004:

Disappointing? Actually the water was a lot like LOTO that particular day.

That Pantera sure is sweet looking; can't wait to see how it runs.

Jupiter Sunsation 06-23-2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3143064)

Just messing with you......You had one of the best looking boats out there! I wish more pleasure boats would make that run!

The race boats are expected to be fast and reliable but the pleasure boats are the real deal. I can't believe with the amount of fast powerboats that attend S. FL poker runs that this event doesn't have two dozen pleasure boats out there!

omerta one 06-23-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3143078)
Just messing with you......You had one of the best looking boats out there! I wish more pleasure boats would make that run!

The race boats are expected to be fast and reliable but the pleasure boats are the real deal. I can't believe with the amount of fast powerboats that attend S. FL poker runs that this event doesn't have two dozen pleasure boats out there!

Hopefully the event will grow...that's the real deal. The clock doesn't lie.

Expensive Date 06-23-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3143078)

Problem is its called a "race" so no insurance.

Jassman 06-23-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3143029)
WOW! I can't wait to see the pleasure version as well!
I love the blending of old school looks with just enough modern cues to make it look new and exciting! Obviously the steps are working perfect, now I have a new favorite "next" boat! Maybe a pair of 600hp diesels for Island hopping!

I bet a pair of 480hp Yanmars and ASD-8's would be in the 78-80mph range...also check out the 480hp Cummins NXT package. I think the 600's will be to much weight and vibration..unless its the souped up version of the 480hp..

Catmando 06-23-2010 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3143017)
Cat look at the boat running, Pepe did a real good job on that.

Obviously that's where it needed to be, it's just that you normally don't see the first step that far forward. Boat runs great, and after more dial-in it should see success in P1.

Steve 1 06-23-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3143409)
Obviously that's where it needed to be, it's just that you normally don't see the first step that far forward. Boat runs great, and after more dial-in it should see success in P1.

I agree, the Pantera guys work hard and deserve it.

offshoredrillin 06-23-2010 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3143064)

I seem to remember a slow old straight hull Tiger winning this class in the 08 run... one sec. let me walk across the room and look at the trophy and plaque..... Yep it won :D avg speed of a whopping 63 mph...