Notices

what this boat worth

Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what this boat worth

I am new here and wanted to see if someone could help me out I am looking at a 1984 FOUNTAIN 40 foot (12m) Lighting

The boat in spotless and super clean. The onlyt problem is that it is a REPO and the motors were & exhaust removed before they got it back. everything else is there

what would this be worth if i bought it. I just want to be safe incase I buy it and don't every find the write motors for it i don't want to lose money on it.

Last edited by jcturbo6100; 06-23-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DareDevil
I would say 10-12 K in this market today !!!!
If it's worth that without motors then what would it be worth with say 2 decent 454's

also it comes with the trailer
Old 06-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered

Pretty vague on description. If the exterior was mint and the interior has been updated and was in excellent condition, had updated throttles, gauges etc, newer drives or drives at all, trailer, it could be worth $8k or it could be worth almost $20k.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

5K as is on the trailer

running with a pair of 454's the boat won't be real exciting and maybe you could get 20K for it.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

I don't think the trans are there but everything else looks to be here are 2 more pictures i have..

Old 06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

NO ...the #3's are worth 5 alone..trailer 5 and the hull maybe 3 !!!!!!!!!!

Come on,,,be a little serious !!!!

Aren't you a bit concerned that if they had the tools out and they took the engines/exhaust there may have been a reason they left the drives on there? That trailer is not worth 5K. It is wrapped with vinyl (interesting) and probably full of rust which is why the vinyl was added (to cover it).

I know of an Apache that was purchased extremely cheap a few weeks back. Boat sat for a long time but it came back to the marina on its own power albeit one of the drives was grenaded. The deal of a lifetime just about doubled in price after the drive was replaced and a few more issues were uncovered.

This boat is not going to break 55 mph with a pair of 454's and even though it appears nice in the pictures you could easily over-improve the value and have a boat no one wants (old, heavy, non step bottom, etc.)
Old 06-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
Actually I have to agree, the boat is 26 years old?? What will it cost to get it on the water 25K - 35K and then what is it worth?? subtract the hassle of doing it. By the time you factor everything in you could go buy a complete boat that is newer

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Meter-96867855

Newer and ready to go 29K asking ???
I'll have to agree......probably get this for $25k, could use it a few years and probably get your money back. Boats are cheap cheap right now, even ones that run.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Aren't you a bit concerned that if they had the tools out and they took the engines/exhaust there may have been a reason they left the drives on there? That trailer is not worth 5K. It is wrapped with vinyl (interesting) and probably full of rust which is why the vinyl was added (to cover it).

I know of an Apache that was purchased extremely cheap a few weeks back. Boat sat for a long time but it came back to the marina on its own power albeit one of the drives was grenaded. The deal of a lifetime just about doubled in price after the drive was replaced and a few more issues were uncovered.

This boat is not going to break 55 mph with a pair of 454's and even though it appears nice in the pictures you could easily over-improve the value and have a boat no one wants (old, heavy, non step bottom, etc.)
well the motors were out of the boat being rebuilt over the winter. The guy who owned the boat didn't have the money to pay for them when they were done. So the guy the rebuilt them keep them until he came up with the money..

well the repo guy found the boat before he had the money for the motors so that it why the motors were out
Old 06-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Registered

I dont think u find a 35 foot boat in running condition with #3's and an aluminum trailer for 25 k ????

The interior looks to be in real good shape and so is the hull ..the old fountains where build solid as a rock as well !

The ask price on that boat is $29,900 and people that have them for sell, want to sell them. I think getting them to $25k shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is it located in MI? the background looks familiar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.