Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Red Bull Air Race @ Liberty State Park. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/232107-nyc-red-bull-air-race-%40-liberty-state-park.html)

Big Time 06-08-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3130268)
I have an idea...

Anyone who is not boating want to meet up and watch the race from a bar on the water. Should be a great day. I think dealing with the boat is going to be more trouble than it's worth

Saw this:
Heres from NJ.com: The race will only be visible from certain parts of Liberty State Park and attendees must purchase tickets. Spectators can view the race from 500 feet away on the shore line. Red Bull Air Race officials have said the race will not be visible from the New York side of the Hudson River because of the small size of the aircraft and location on the river. Hope this helps. Cheers.

I think it is BS, its an airshow, you will be able to see if from the NY side.

I would def consider meeting up Sun., just can't do Sat.

McGary911 06-08-2010 06:30 PM

Betting that the Coasties will clear a very wide spot under the activities, just like they do for the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds.....or for an offshore race. If you're going to try to see it from a boat, make sure you can get close enough to make it worth the effort.

SpeedGirl 06-08-2010 06:45 PM

I was told they they are expecting accidents and want to have a clear enough distance so no one is in danger.

SpeedGirl 06-08-2010 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:evilb:

rbarna 06-08-2010 08:42 PM

I'm going to go on the 20th... will be anchored in the south spectator zone.

stainless 06-15-2010 08:19 PM

Good Stuff!

stainless 06-16-2010 12:43 PM

Anyone interested in participating in a demo boat race on sat and sunday being put on in conjunction with red bull, contact Billy Frenz @ 203-532-1312.
There will be PRESS and TV ! ...MUCH EXPOSURE! This will also promote the around Long Island Race.

yesrej 06-16-2010 12:53 PM

i was just reading on another site that says you will not be able to anchor. they did the same thing last year when they had the fireworks on the river. you had to be in the spectator area's by a certain time and had to idle in the area until they let you leave witch was four hours!!.

Here's Johnny 06-16-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by yesrej (Post 3137571)
i was just reading on another site that says you will not be able to anchor. they did the same thing last year when they had the fireworks on the river. you had to be in the spectator area's by a certain time and had to idle in the area until they let you leave witch was four hours!!.

used to do that when I as a kid.....it was called bumper cars........lol........

yesrej 06-16-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny (Post 3137675)
used to do that when I as a kid.....it was called bumper cars........lol........

exactly!!!