Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West? >

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Notices

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wstultz
I'd be very interested to know what you find out. Where is it located? Keep me informed. Thanks.
Got a little more info today from a guy that lives close.

It's a 39 painted midnight blue with a white deck says Aronow on the side, hull appears to be in good condition from outside, motors and drives removed.

I am going to drive there next week, time permitting and try to locate owner of lot and get HIN and pics if he is agreeable.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:15 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Found this picture and just thought I'd post it

from http://forums.military.com/eve/forum.../8780026431001

"Here's the last "Blue Thunder" 39' Aronow Cat at Clearwater Marina. They were called Blue Thunder because they all use to be dark blue and were so freakin loud. Very stable for boardings though.

Anyone know "Cookie" (fueling the boat)? He's been there in Clearwater since 1990 and was an MK in the USCG prior to USCS/CBP."
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-39aronowcat.jpg   What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-39-bluethunder-2.jpg  

Last edited by Wobble; 06-25-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Got a little more info today from a guy that lives close.

It's a 39 painted midnight blue with a white deck says Aronow on the side, hull appears to be in good condition from outside, motors and drives removed.

I am going to drive there next week, time permitting and try to locate owner of lot and get HIN and pics if he is agreeable.
Man, that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, colors and everything. Let me know whatever info you find out. If you decide to pass I would definitely be interested. i would prefer to buy it without power and drives. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You might want to try this person. He had one for sale without power. Unsure if he still has it. It was a Kevlar boat.

Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
[email protected]
www.revolutionmarine.com
Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wstultz
Man, that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, colors and everything. Let me know whatever info you find out. If you decide to pass I would definitely be interested. i would prefer to buy it without power and drives. Thanks.
I am not in the market for a cat, I am playing with the idea of getting a 35 or 36 cig, so there is some connection

Just interested in saving another piece of offshore history by getting the info out there.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
I am not in the market for a cat, I am playing with the idea of getting a 35 or 36 cig, so there is some connection

Just interested in saving another piece of offshore history by getting the info out there.
I've saved two Sutphens already. Unfortunately for me I love redoing these old machines, I think it's a disease. I'm ready to move up to something a little bigger and have always had a thing for these big pigs. Let me know what you find out. Thanks boss.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by damdonzi
You might want to try this person. He had one for sale without power. Unsure if he still has it. It was a Kevlar boat.

Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
[email protected]
www.revolutionmarine.com
That was the one with no cabin and he had a wind faring mocked up and ready to glass wasn't it? That one didn't really do it for me. It looked great but there is no point in having one of these things without a cabin since you are never going to go fast you don't really need the weight savings. Thanks for bringing it up though. It would make this thread great if we could track them all down.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

TTT! anyone else know of any?