Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West? >

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Notices

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Anyone know who bought it? It was the Arneson/Merlin diesel combo. I heard the buyer was going to restore it but haven't heard or seen anything about it. I will post some pics tonight but it had an american flag paint theme and, i believe, used to be a tender on a yacht called "Monkey Business". Any info would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:01 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a big Aronow cat here in Houston, second hand information, but it is stripped of most of it's rigging, been trying to get access to get more info for a couple of months.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
There is a big Aronow cat here in Houston, second hand information, but it is stripped of most of it's rigging, been trying to get access to get more info for a couple of months.
I'd be very interested to know what you find out. Where is it located? Keep me informed. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Here's the one I'm looking for.....
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-006%5B1%5D-2-.jpg   What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-39.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tnt rigging here in Miami has one that looks stripped but looks in good condition and has been sitting there for years.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
Anyone know who bought it? It was the Arneson/Merlin diesel combo. I heard the buyer was going to restore it but haven't heard or seen anything about it. I will post some pics tonight but it had an american flag paint theme and, i believe, used to be a tender on a yacht called "Monkey Business". Any info would be appreciated.
Not the same Monkey Business of Gary HArt fame?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_...ss_%28yacht%29

That thing was under 100', so doubtful it had a tender that big. Could be one of the owner's later boats?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lowblue320
Tnt rigging here in Miami has one that looks stripped but looks in good condition and has been sitting there for years.
Do you know who I could contact there about it?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by McGary911
Not the same Monkey Business of Gary HArt fame?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_...ss_%28yacht%29

That thing was under 100', so doubtful it had a tender that big. Could be one of the owner's later boats?
Not sure which boat or if it was even a tender but, you're right, way too much boat to be a tender on an 83 footer. Cool info though.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lowblue320
I check with TNT and you're right, They have two 39's. One is the shops boat and they don't want to sell and the other has soft floors and stringers. The guy said it has been sitting outside for close to 10 years and he think it is probably all soft. I am looking for a complete boat or just a hull but it needs to be mostly solid. I will redo just about everything to a boat except a ton of fiberglass repair.

Thanks for the tip though Lowblue. Any of you other guys seen any of these hulls laying around anywhere?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Just out of curiousity, why do you want an Aronow 39 cat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.