Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread >

Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread

Notices

Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Repo boats are more prone to hooking due to their insecurities.
Best post on here!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Timeless61
i have a question about the bigger V's. I will preface this by saying I am definitely more used to cats, and have been in more cats than high performance V's. Do all of the bigger V's feel narrow, and almost "tippy" as the best way to describe it? I don't mean tippy in the literal sense, kind of hard to explain. I have only been in an OL 45 and as compared to smaller cats, it felt as i said narrow and "tippy". anyone have any useful comments on this? or any useful questions for me to answer to have someone answer my question or give me more insight.
I can comment on the Nor tech 50 Vee. The beam is 9' - 2" and is rock solid. I can power thru turns at speed with a boatload of people and never feel uncomfortable. Never once has the arse end ever slipped on me in the three I have owned. I probably do not push the limits tho as I want to bring everyone home safely.
Bob
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Are people having trouble understanding what is going on under a boat physically? Having an inside tab down during a turn is about the same as putting a set of training wheels on a motorcycle, running 60 MPH, and turning hard left and expecting it NOT to flip. Unload the rear of something that's supposed to be in the water, load a portion of the hull that shouldn't be in the water, and then effectively not allow a V-hull to lean into a turn, and I'm fairly sure that spells disaster at anything over idle speed. Let me go put the inside tab down on my Fountain and turn hard.... relatively sure I could flip that too.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Let me go put the inside tab down on my Fountain and turn hard.... relatively sure I could flip that too.
I'm sure I could have done that with my conventional bottom PowerPlay and the result would have been the same. It astounds me how people jump into expensive machines with no regards how to operate them.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I can comment on the Nor tech 50 Vee. The beam is 9' - 2" and is rock solid. I can power thru turns at speed with a boatload of people and never feel uncomfortable. Never once has the arse end ever slipped on me in the three I have owned. I probably do not push the limits tho as I want to bring everyone home safely.
Bob

Thanks, yea even the OL i was in felt pretty good around a turn, we made a wide turn around 90-100 and it felt pretty good there, and was set up correctly for it... but i guess for the not big water we were in, the boat being 45 feet didn't really impress me as compared to the 28 skater i was used to. if that makes sense. i felt many things from the water and it made the boat react more than it would have the skater. or does the water need to be a bit rougher for the bigger v to impress me more

or

i think i may just be comparing a cat to a V and they are just 2 completely different animals and the width of a cat also riding on air, and such just makes it feel a bit different

by the way, i think i saw your old boat at the 1000 islands poker run a few times would that have been you in it? around 2005 or previous?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Timeless61
Thanks, yea even the OL i was in felt pretty good around a turn, we made a wide turn around 90-100 and it felt pretty good there, and was set up correctly for it... but i guess for the not big water we were in, the boat being 45 feet didn't really impress me as compared to the 28 skater i was used to. if that makes sense. i felt many things from the water and it made the boat react more than it would have the skater. or does the water need to be a bit rougher for the bigger v to impress me more

or

i think i may just be comparing a cat to a V and they are just 2 completely different animals and the width of a cat also riding on air, and such just makes it feel a bit different

by the way, i think i saw your old boat at the 1000 islands poker run a

few times would that have been you in it? around 2005 or previous?
Yes that would have been me in the yellow / orange trip 850 one. Current NT is diesel power.

You are right when saying cat and vee are two different animals.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Yes that would have been me in the yellow / orange trip 850 one. Current NT is diesel power.

You are right when saying cat and vee are two different animals.

yea, i figured, i read about the trip to cancun was it? and some of the other adventures, sounds fun
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Wait a minute... So now you're saying that OL doesn't market their boats to amateur boat drivers?

They market their boats to anyone that can afford them, and I would contend that MOST of their customers are amateur boat drivers.

I believe that they offered the course more on the advice from their legal department more so than they thought it would be a "good idea."

Under the implied warranty of merchantability that exists on EVERYTHING purchased new from a dealer that sells goods of the kind an item HAS to be fit for its particular use. A 42' OL, with a full dressed cabin, enclosed head, a/c, frige, shorepower, etc. at least pretends to be a pleasure boat and needs to fit that purpose.

This isn't some silly conspiracy theory that I drummed up because I was bored... It's law...

I have been to many many many poker runs over the years. New Outerlimits usually make their debut at these runs. I have seen Mike Fiore himself along with member of his staff on many of these brand new boat with the new owners to teach them the boats. This has nothing to do with any legal department. It's because he cares about his customers and wants them to learn how to run the boats safely.

Outerlimits (as well as MTI, Skater, Nortech, Cigarette, etc). are some of the best built-most expensive boats money can buy. They are stylish and impressive. People with money tend to buy the best. Many of the people that buy these boats have not had a boat of this caliber before. Remember, everyone is an amateur once. Most guys that can afford a million plus dollar boat and want to impress their friends are not going to buy a 50 mph boat.

Saying that Outerlimits intentionally markets to amateurs is a ridiculous statement.

I have never owned an Outerlimits BUT I have always been impressed with the way they take care and support their customers at the Poker runs. They do what more manufactures should do!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
You say "WTF are you smokin'" to me simply bringing up that they CAN re-design their hulls. A little defensive are we?

I takes a HELLUVA lot more to roll my Baja (I really don't even know if you can unless MAYBE you turn the wheel all the way, full throttle, with the tabs in the wrong position. It is a very easy boat to drive, very user friendly, and very forgiving) than it does to roll ANY step bottom hull.
That statement just summed up this whole argument!
Any credability just went out the window!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats like blaming a new LS7 Vette for being a dangerous vehicle
because some idiot tried to take a turn at 180mph and drives into a tree.
No matter how technically advanced any vehicle is (boat,car,bike,plane) there is always some idiot that can wreck it..
Yeah a 3cyl Yugo would probably be easier to drive (like the Baja example) but even then someone will find a way to wreck it.
Money can't buy talent or experience..
That has to be learned..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.