Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread >

Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread

Notices

Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Saying that Outerlimits intentionally markets to amateurs is a ridiculous statement.
Where do you get this crap from? Do you just feel the need to argue, so you put words in other people's mouths so you have something to refute?

I never said that they "intentionally" market their boats to amateurs (though they do), I just said that they DO market them to amateurs, and you admit that in your post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Many of the people that buy these boats have not had a boat of this caliber before. Remember, everyone is an amateur once. Most guys that can afford a million plus dollar boat and want to impress their friends are not going to buy a 50 mph boat.
You bash me for saying that they "intentionally" market their boats to amateurs, which I never said prior to this post, then you admit that they do in fact market their boats to amateurs... I really don't understand you...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
well my baja has 380s k planes cause the bennets broke twice the 1st year I had my boat and I am sure the ol has 280s or 380s. my boat would be spunning out at 60 if I took a hard turn with the Kplane lowered it would push the nose down and high side the transom might even flip with some good chop. our 24s are forgiving in the 60s but 80 plus your driving the boat hard not sitting back relaxed like in a OL at 80. so with k planes in a straight bottom boat your still spinning or going over.
I don't disagree one bit!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I would like to roll your 32 Baja over and watch all your Barry Manilow cassette tapes go flying you Jacka$$!!
BRILLIANT!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
You bash me for saying that they "intentionally" market their boats to amateurs, which I never said prior to this post, then you admit that they do in fact market their boats to amateurs... I really don't understand you...
I think you got his point mixed up. I read it as though Gino was pointing out that there are people with a lot of money that buy these boats that don’t necessarily have the skill/experience to drive them correctly. He was in no way implying that high performance builders market to those types of people, however there is no way to tell a prospective buy that he (or she) can’t buy a boat from them because they are an amateur.

Just because a guy with no experience buys a certain type of boat doesn't mean that Builder marketed it towards them.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
I think you got his point mixed up. I read it as though Gino was pointing out that there are people with a lot of money that buy these boats that don’t necessarily have the skill/experience to drive them correctly. He was in no way implying that high performance builders market to those types of people, however there is no way to tell a prospective buy that he (or she) can’t buy a boat from them because they are an amateur.

Just because a guy with no experience buys a certain type of boat doesn't mean that Builder marketed it towards them.
I think you're probably right about his point, and I think you make it in a more clear manner. I guess it boils down to their "intended market/customer," and I'm sure that they would prefer to sell their boats to current or ex offshore race boat drivers.

That said, they definitely look towards buyers with money, as Gino and you both point out, and the majority of those buyers seem to lack the insight and knowledge to properly drive these boats. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but there seems to be a lot of idiots out on the water, and the price of their boat seems to have little to do with their knowledge of how to properly run it.

I think the argument that OL doesn't market their boats to amateurs is a lot like saying that Joe Cool doesn't market cigs to kids... The result is different, as the kid can't buy cigs and its more of a long-term market strategy, but to stand there shocked and say "we didn't market the boat to him" but it just so happens to be their primary consumer, seems a little disingenuous to me.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Every now and then someone that isn't qualified buys a Porsche, a Ducati, a Outerlimits. It is not the manufacturers responsibility to weed these buyers out.

The same person probably would hurt themselves or someone else operating a dildo.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I would like to roll your 32 Baja over and watch all your Barry Manilow cassette tapes go flying you Jacka$$!!
" In the Copa, the Copabanana............"
Old 06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really find it hard to believe how people love to jump on the band wagon on these sites. If you drive anything let me say again, "anything" improperly you have a very good chance to get hurt or hurt others. Jumping on one of the elite boat manufacturers is really sad, and shows a real case of envy or worse resentment towards others. The fact is that an OL is an expensive piece of machinery, because a person has the means to buy it should not require that he be an expert prior to buying. That being said, that buyer does have a resposibility to learn how to drive that boat safely. This will protect him (or her)and his passengers and everyone else enjoying the water. Thanks for reading and I sincerly hope some of you can take this to heart, get some inner perspective, and concentrate on improving ones own life so that you can achieve the kind of success that will enable you to buy a fine high performace machine such as an OL or whatever your personal taste may be. In closing,work on what you have and quit worrying about "the jones's" and why they shouldn't have what they have.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I really find it hard to believe how people love to jump on the band wagon on these sites. If you drive anything let me say again, "anything" improperly you have a very good chance to get hurt or hurt others. Jumping on one of the elite boat manufacturers is really sad, and shows a real case of envy or worse resentment towards others. The fact is that an OL is an expensive piece of machinery, because a person has the means to buy it should not require that he be an expert prior to buying. That being said, that buyer does have a resposibility to learn how to drive that boat safely. This will protect him (or her)and his passengers and everyone else enjoying the water. Thanks for reading and I sincerly hope some of you can take this to heart, get some inner perspective, and concentrate on improving ones own life so that you can achieve the kind of success that will enable you to buy a fine high performace machine such as an OL or whatever your personal taste may be. In closing,work on what you have and quit worrying about "the jones's" and why they shouldn't have what they have.
+1.....in the 80's 911 Turbos (aka 930s) had a terrible reputation for "trailing throttle oversteer" which meant if you back off the throttle in a corner the weight of the engine over the rear axle would "shift" and spin the car out, azz backwards into whatever was on the side of the road. They were excellent cars if you were Hurley Haywood (pro driver from the era) but for the Dr./Dentist that just bought it and was out hot rodding it they would be called crash test dummies!

The car and in this case (boats) are fine when properly driven, in the hands of a novice they will defintely bite!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In life, accidents happen. In boating, even more so. It cracks me up that everytime someone has a mishap people are quick to jump all over the manufacturer or the operator.

Performance boating is dangerous- even if you take all the neccessary precautions you can still have an accident because there are always so many variables and unknowns. The faster you run, the more risk involved. Even the best and most experienced can make a mistake and turn it into a bad day. That is why this is a sport for adrenaline junkies.

To even suggest that the Outerlimits hull design is at fault is ridiculous. Anyone who has any type of performance boat experience will tell you that Outerlimits builds some of the best performing, best handling boats on the planet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.