Notices

Purgatory video Jax 2010

Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great run! Boat looks great. My hands are still sweating from watching the video. Congratulations! Don't let all the negative comments discourage you. Everyone has their day, that day was yours. Enjoy it!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I have been racing (not at this level but just as competitive) with Dale for a longtime and trust me he will find a way to be out front if humanly possible and he always brings the best of the best. Dale is never satisfied to be just be competitive, he wants a buffer so he doesn't get any surpises.

I wasn't there but I can tell you there is a lot he isn't saying, what I can assure you is no matter how the start went it was going to be very, very difficult for the other boats to beat him to the bridge if he really wanted to be first.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CayFomula
Guys, I have been racing (not at this level but just as competitive) with Dale for a longtime and trust me he will find a way to be out front if humanly possible and he always brings the best of the best. Dale is never satisfied to be just be competitive, he wants a buffer so he doesn't get any surpises.

I wasn't there but I can tell you there is a lot he isn't saying, what I can assure you is no matter how the start went it was going to be very, very difficult for the other boats to beat him to the bridge if he really wanted to be first.
what's the speed of your boys boat??? Pure Platinum 187mph, Gino 193mph............................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTB4AEPtH08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK2acBVUdP8

Last edited by blume; 06-13-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrighton
Silly me....all along I thought it was because Grant set me up with 1:33 gears to run at 7000 rpm for acceleration while everyone was running 1:24 gear sets and big wheels for top end. Here's a pic on the soft limiter at 54% throttle opening the day before.....you can confirm that with Tommy if you want.
Dont have a DAWG in this fight but just curious on this 54% Throttle if you can enlighten me .So this means theres 46% left ??? How do these % Throttle opening #s work ?
thnx in advance Bill
Old 06-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Dont have a DAWG in this fight but just curious on this 54% Throttle if you can enlighten me .So this means theres 46% left ??? How do these % Throttle opening #s work ?
thnx in advance Bill
TPS position.....as the boat gets more efficient you can back off the throttle and still maintain speed. Every time I've run the boat I've hit the limiters and had to back the throttle off to keep under 6800. I've only run the boat about 6 times and that pic was the first time with 15lbs of boost and 40 Herings. Unfortunately I broke a blade that day so we put on 38s and bump the limiters up to over 7000 for Saturday.

I definitely don't profess to be in the same top end category as Bill or Gino but Tommy and Grant definitely have it running well......going from the throttle body injection to the multi port injection that Bill is running gave me a huge bump in torque. The extra 3lbs of boost didn't hurt either!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat runs and looks great , Dale! Congrats!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
what's the speed of your boys boat??? Pure Platinum 187mph, Gino 193mph............................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTB4AEPtH08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK2acBVUdP8
"What's the speed of your boys boat???" is a very good question, truth is he doesn't know yet. Put it this way it accelerates stong in the 170's with the other props but I am disrespecting anyone that is running in high 100s, those are plain and simple impressive numbers.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by teamusaskater
this sounds very strange to me , can you explain what you mean when there were faster boats there.
Nothing sinister in my comment. Like any other good competitor he will take advantage of every opportunity within the rules but don't think I am suggesting for a minute that he would be cheating. What I mean is you can bet you ain't seen everything yet and even though (due to the props) he didn't have as fast a top speed on the day as some of the other competitors I know he still had sand left in the bag to shake out if he needed it.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teamusaskater
a 34 canopy run with those 1200's, that would be scary fast
Been thinking the same thing.....an inboard version of the Yacht's 32 Doug Wright that Grant rigged or a cut down 328 Skater with twin turbo small blocks and Arnesons would be awesome. Anyone know why no one has played around with small blocks in smaller cats yet?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dcrighton
Been thinking the same thing.....an inboard version of the Yacht's 32 Doug Wright that Grant rigged or a cut down 328 Skater with twin turbo small blocks and Arnesons would be awesome. Anyone know why no one has played around with small blocks in smaller cats yet?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o33529-en.html

here's a good one, he will sell it without motors or drives

Last edited by blume; 06-13-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.