A Sad Day & A Good Day, Too! >

A Sad Day & A Good Day, Too!

Notices

A Sad Day & A Good Day, Too!

Old 04-29-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy A Sad Day & A Good Day, Too!

Saturday was indeed a sad day, I thought my wife was gonna cry. The buyer of my 93 formula came to pick up his new boat from Wisconsin. Now I (we) have worked very hard over the last couple of years & spent a ton of money making this boat fast (75mph-gps) & reliable. This winter I added Stainless Marine headers, completely refurbished the engine bay & added a full hydraulic helm. I never even got to drive it before the "new" guy showed up! As he and his father left my drive with my boat, my spare-original (160 hrs) 454 in the truck bed & my old hydro-hoist on another trailer, I felt sad.
As I turned around in the drive, I looked up and saw "the new toy", untouched yet, delivered last weekend....my "new" 97 312 Blown Formula....with twice the fun inside! It made me smile and say....
Life Is Good!!
Old 04-29-2002, 01:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just goes to show not all boat owners are happiest when they sell their old boat. I was really sad when I sold the last one even though the new one was on order. Just too many good times associated with that boat. Even my wife wiped a tear as we watched it pull out on the back of someone else's truck. On the bright side, we have kept in touch with the new owner and he is taking really good care of it.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there done that!

To get my current boat AND the cash for all the additions I wanted to make, I had to:
  • Sell my Donzi
  • Sell my '78 Jeep CJ7 - A year-long ground-up process of modifications for off-road capability.
  • Sell my '70 Buick GS Stage One - A restoration project that followed the Jeep for several years.
  • Sell my soul - Because my wife loved the Donzi!

It was all worth it the day I picked up the new boat and it gets better every day I do something to make it closer to my vision of what it should be!!!

We should all thank God we have the opportunity to make these kinds of "sacrifices"!
Old 04-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say AMEN to brother Brauer!!

The wife's happy, so I'm happy, so what could be better?