Notices

FLA Keys Question

Old 04-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLA Keys Question

We are planning a vacation to the Keys and I'd like to hear any and all comments about places to stay or things to do. We don't want to stay in Key West. Been there plenty.

From what I can find on the web, so far I like Hawk Cay on Duck Key. Doesn't seem to far south. A little fishing, diving every day and snorkeling in-between is what I'm after. Plus golf is close, not sure how good?

So where is the place to relax for a week in the keys?
Old 04-28-2002, 11:51 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have always had a good time at Holiday Isle. But come to think of it of all the different places we have stayed in the keys we never had a bad time and lots of great memorys. Have a great time!
Old 04-29-2002, 02:12 AM
Registered

Ron
My first question is are ya'll taking a boat? Hawks Cay is a great place as long as you are going to stay near the resort. A little fishing, diving, etc. Holiday Isle has a little more variety of things to do and places to go, but not a great place for kids if ya'll are taking any. Not a bad place, but geared more for the party crowd.
I personaly like Key Largo, but I have friends there and we can drive where ever we want. There are a lot of places to go by boat in KL, but most are shallow water and somewhat difficult to find. There are places to rent small boats in KL that you could take to some of these places if you rented for than one day.
If ya'll are flying in and renting a car and driving down you could stay at several places on the way down and back. I'm leaving this Thurs. am to go to Jacksonville for a poker run, if you want to talk about the Keys, e-mail or pm me and I would be glad to talk to you about it. I'm usually up late at night and rattle for hours on the phone while I'm lurking on the board. As far as I'm concerned, any place in the Keys is better than where ever I'm at . I could rattle on, but I'll leave it up to you as to whether you want to talk or not.
Robert
Old 04-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Thanks guys,

No kids, no boat, just the wife and in need of some we deserved R&R.

Is Hawks Cay a kids place? Not too crazy about listening to other peoples kids screaming for a week.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Cheeca Lodge

Ron,

Spent part of my honeymoon at Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada...absolutely beautiful!...I'm assuming it's still there....

Check it out...

Old 04-29-2002, 10:46 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

That's where I was when I called you from the keys last week. That and the Weston in Key Largo are top choices. It just looked like Hawk Cay was great too.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah Hawks Cay is nice, I've been receiving info from them lately..seems they're trying to attract families...

anyway..it's the Keys so you can't go too wrong!!

Old 04-29-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered

Ron,
No Hawks Cay is not a "KIDS" place, it's just that Holiday Isle, in my opinion is not a kids place. Although there is usually a fair amount of kids there. Hawks Cay would be a GREAT place to go with the wife for a weekend of R&R . But really ANYWHERE in the Keys is a GREAT place as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy .
Robert
Old 04-29-2002, 03:03 PM
DJD
Registered

Ron
I have always had a real nice time at Hawks Cay.
It's a nice "resort" atmosphere with several different places to eat & drink, poolside reggae, a nice lagoon and the frozen drinks always hit the spot.
Don't forget to call for a massage for you & your wife!!!