Whats with all the Bashing??? >

Whats with all the Bashing???

Notices

Whats with all the Bashing???

Old 06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I dont post on here much or have alot of free time to spend on here.It seems lately that there is alot of bashing on here.This kind of stuff will and is driving the professional Marine industry off the site!!!I looked this week and it was Outerlimits,Shogren,and Ron Bender.This really has to stop!!
Interesting thread, I have had nemorus conversations with people high up in our industry about OSO. They all read it but refuse to post on threads because they all think its a joke and don't want to be the victim of a bashing thread. This hurts us with all the key board cowboys that think they know.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These message boards give those that are quick to bash a very large audience and the ability to do quite a bit of damage with very little effort on their part. I wonder if these same people will be surprised that there may be some reluctance for dealers, suppliers, engine builders etc. to do business with them in the future?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
JC Perf,

You are dead on, it's crazy. We all work so hard and sometimes you have to make tough decisions in business but to be ripped in world wide format and then have people that know nothing about the topic rip you can be frustrating. Unfortunatly dealers, mfg and other cannot say anything or we get bashed but then when some of the same people put these "bad energy" post up there the same ones that come back and ask for help and act as if they never made the post.

Can we make everyone happy, no but we try in an industry that is down, losing dealers, vendors, etc at record pace. We don't need to hurt the industry more than it has already been affected by economy or other but rather spend "good energy" making it better.

Although not fun and does not feel good I can live with being beat up over not selling someone a boat but don't understand why you get put in the penalty box for not selling something.

Was it blown out of proportion, yes it was. Could have I responded quicker, yes if I had my phone on. Could have the consumer been patient and not involved another family member yes. Could have this same consumer not yelled at my service manager whom is not involved in sales transactions, yes.

We live and certainly learn.

Regards,

Shogren Performance Marine

www.teamshogren.com
Im sorry but you said you want to move on,so why keep bringing it up?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its two - fold, our markethas changed for all involved. Buyers think they can do what and request whatever they feel even if it breaks the rules. Sellers are stuck and are realizing that in order to make a deal they need to bend over backwards to earn.

THere are some businesses - some marine included who are amuine (sp?) to unique business practices of buyers.

also we are in a generation where people who feel that when they have been wronged there is no simmer process to calm down and rethink. They shoot from the hip and in this case (theses cases) they yap about it online.

Grow up people, mature a little. IF you want the boat that bad, put a deposit down. If you need parts put some research in. Dont bash at first whim.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am VERY sorry, I dropped the ball.......What can i do to earn your business ?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

JC Perf,

You are dead on, it's crazy. We all work so hard and sometimes you have to make tough decisions in business but to be ripped in world wide format and then have people that know nothing about the topic rip you can be frustrating. Unfortunatly dealers, mfg and other cannot say anything or we get bashed but then when some of the same people put these "bad energy" post up there the same ones that come back and ask for help and act as if they never made the post.

Can we make everyone happy, no but we try in an industry that is down, losing dealers, vendors, etc at record pace. We don't need to hurt the industry more than it has already been affected by economy or other but rather spend "good energy" making it better.

Although not fun and does not feel good I can live with being beat up over not selling someone a boat but don't understand why you get put in the penalty box for not selling something.

Was it blown out of proportion, yes it was. Could have I responded quicker, yes if I had my phone on. Could have the consumer been patient and not involved another family member yes. Could have this same consumer not yelled at my service manager whom is not involved in sales transactions, yes.

Regards,

www.teamshogren.com
well said Scott, the thing that bothers me most about that other thread is the potential buyer started posting before you even knew there was a problem and before he even knew your position on it. I agree with your "sometimes you have to cut your losses" approach, occasionally you have to. Its unfortunate that it happens and no one ever wins the internet pizzin match that usually follows but your reputation and strong customer following will easily get around that. Keep up the good work
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 06-13-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by birdog
+1

I say that even if I didn't drop the ball. I still have every customer I ever apologized to.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
This kind of stuff will and is driving the professional Marine industry off the site!!!I looked this week and it was Outerlimits,Shogren,and Ron Bender.
Jeff,

This forum has been a blessing to this industry for many reasons. One of the reasons is handing a slice of humble pie to those that let their high and mighty ego do and say things that stray from true professionalism. There is nothing in hell wrong with it. Keeps everyone in check.

I wish my industry had such and option to keep people informed and the pros thinking before speaking/typing.

Neil

Last edited by drypipetiger; 06-13-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:37 AM
GB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
Originally Posted by Frequency
+1

I say that even if I didn't drop the ball. I still have every customer I ever apologized to.
Yeap...would have never gotten to this point.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

JC Perf,

Regards,

www.teamshogren.com

I post on here ocassionally also, but a while back, I contacted Shogren Marine about a boat that I was interested in. I received a reply from Scott...actually several replys...NONE of which that were PUSHY or treating me with the dumb-ass approach. Scott treated me like we had been friends for years and I have never met the man...hopefully that will change someday. I have a friend here that bought a used Sonic from him 2 years ago and my friend had nothing but wonderful things to say about Scott. From my email dealings with Scott and his business...and my friends dealings with them...I dont give a S**T what some PUTZ has to say about them in a negative way...it is NOT going to change my opinion of the Shogren name in any way. The bashing that was in a thread about Shogren...I didnt even bother to read it. That is how UN-INTERESTED in it that I am. From the way that Scott treated me thru the emails...answering endless questions and always being professional about it...it has earned very high respect that has no chance of changing...especially from some crybaby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.