Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats with all the Bashing??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/232561-whats-all-bashing.html)

JCPERF 06-13-2010 09:12 AM

Whats with all the Bashing???

I dont post on here much or have alot of free time to spend on here.It seems lately that there is alot of bashing on here.This kind of stuff will and is driving the professional Marine industry off the site!!!I looked this week and it was Outerlimits,Shogren,and Ron Bender.This really has to stop!!

Chuck 06-13-2010 09:15 AM

+1

Perfectmix 06-13-2010 09:17 AM

+2

Expat 06-13-2010 09:18 AM

+3

Rob Rich 06-13-2010 09:32 AM

This is true!

jeff1000man 06-13-2010 09:35 AM

yep

Comanche3Six 06-13-2010 09:51 AM

If you read the threads the truth comes out. Which is always good.

TeamShogren.com 06-13-2010 09:59 AM

Agreed

JC Perf,

You are dead on, it's crazy. We all work so hard and sometimes you have to make tough decisions in business but to be ripped in world wide format and then have people that know nothing about the topic rip you can be frustrating. Unfortunatly dealers, mfg and other cannot say anything or we get bashed but then when some of the same people put these "bad energy" post up there the same ones that come back and ask for help and act as if they never made the post.

Can we make everyone happy, no but we try in an industry that is down, losing dealers, vendors, etc at record pace. We don't need to hurt the industry more than it has already been affected by economy or other but rather spend "good energy" making it better.

Although not fun and does not feel good I can live with being beat up over not selling someone a boat but don't understand why you get put in the penalty box for not selling something.

Was it blown out of proportion, yes it was. Could have I responded quicker, yes if I had my phone on. Could have the consumer been patient and not involved another family member yes. Could have this same consumer not yelled at my service manager whom is not involved in sales transactions, yes.

We live and certainly learn.

Regards,

Shogren Performance Marine

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 3134566)
I dont post on here much or have alot of free time to spend on here.It seems lately that there is alot of bashing on here.This kind of stuff will and is driving the professional Marine industry off the site!!!I looked this week and it was Outerlimits,Shogren,and Ron Bender.This really has to stop!!

Frequency 06-13-2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Team Shogren (Post 3134604)
JC Perf,

You are dead on, it's crazy. We all work so hard and sometimes you have to make tough decisions in business but to be ripped in world wide format and then have people that know nothing about the topic rip you can be frustrating. Unfortunatly dealers, mfg and other cannot say anything or we get bashed but then when some of the same people put these "bad energy" post up there the same ones that come back and ask for help and act as if they never made the post.

Can we make everyone happy, no but we try in an industry that is down, losing dealers, vendors, etc at record pace. We don't need to hurt the industry more than it has already been affected by economy or other but rather spend "good energy" making it better.

Although not fun and does not feel good I can live with being beat up over not selling someone a boat but don't understand why you get put in the penalty box for not selling something.

Was it blown out of proportion, yes it was. Could have I responded quicker, yes if I had my phone on. Could have the consumer been patient and not involved another family member yes. Could have this same consumer not yelled at my service manager whom is not involved in sales transactions, yes.

We live and certainly learn.

Regards,

Shogren Performance Marine

www.teamshogren.com

The potential customer certainly did jump the gun. He should have called you before posting anything. You could have handled both the transaction and your response to the thread better than you did.

The internet brings us business, and takes away our family time in return. Some customers are difficult, and there is little protection from all-out lies. I wouldn't want to be in this business!