Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New bathing suit bled on interior - how to remove? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/232573-new-bathing-suit-bled-interior-how-remove.html)

Ca$hed Out 06-13-2010 12:22 PM

New bathing suit bled on interior - how to remove?

My sister-in-law had on a black bathing suit, we stopped the boat and swam and then we back to the dock. When she got up, my white interior was purple....how can I get this out?

Perlmudder 06-13-2010 12:34 PM

maybe some magic erasers?

Mastercraft240 06-13-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Perlmudder (Post 3134713)
maybe some magic erasers?

That will work, but be sure to use conditioner on it after

RunninHotRacing163.1 06-13-2010 12:57 PM

Wesleys Bleach white,Soft Scrub with bleach or your wife's Blonde hair colour will work. good luck!

Griff 06-13-2010 01:02 PM

Spray it with Clorox Clean Up, wipe it around evenly with a damp rag, let it sit for minute to absorb, and then wipe it off with a wet rag. It will then bleach out in the sunlight. I had the exact same thing happen with a wet red shirt on my white vinyl and it worked for me. I tried lots of other options first and nothing else even lightened the stain. After a few days of sun exposer, the stain was gone completely.

Rippem 06-13-2010 03:26 PM

I have always insisted on suits being washed before being board since an incident like this on my boat 20+ years ago.
My ladies get told ahead of time and made clear it's up to them to see to it their friends know it too.

No new unwashed bathing suits on the boat!

If you don't want to throw harsh chems at your vinyl, which I prefer never to do, leave it alone and let UV take care of it... the sun will bleach it out and it will take long enough for everyone to remember the lesson.

Leave that seat exposed whenever you can wether aboard or not it won't take long.

seafordguy 06-13-2010 07:31 PM

one night someone spilled red wine on my seats and it sat overnight without me noticing. Needless to say NOTHING would get it out. But after a weekend or so of being in the sun it was completely bleached out.

Payton 06-13-2010 07:39 PM

Wow, and your wife is cool with that???

Oh wait, I may have read that wrong. You want to remove the stain! I got it now.
um, I think they covered it.

PhantomChaos 06-13-2010 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 3134913)
Wow, and your wife is cool with that???

Oh wait, I may have read that wrong. You want to remove the stain! I got it now.
um, I think they covered it.

I read it that way too.....you know how sisters sometimes are. Especially twins! :)

Jassman 06-14-2010 06:51 AM

NO FRICKIN SUITS ON THE DAMN BOAT....LADIES ONLY..

problem solved...

Thank you.
Boner