Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Did I miss the recovery in the boat market? >

Did I miss the recovery in the boat market?

Notices

Did I miss the recovery in the boat market?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do maintain that AVC on the 28 Donzi as shown is 35K. Thats what I would put in it on trade
Old 06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I do maintain that AVC on the 28 Donzi as shown is 35K. Thats what I would put in it on trade
What is "AVC"?

35 might be fair on a trade if they're upgrading and saving 100K on that boat!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

ACV = actual cash value. It's what you can sell the boat for TODAY. PERIOD. It's what a dealer would use as a figure then combine that with adjusting the MSRP on a new boat (or used ask price) and come up with a number to show you so you don't feel so bad LOL.

Example..

MSRP is 100K. ACV on trade is 35K. Dealer can really sell the new boat for 85K. but you want a min of 40K. No problem. I'll show you 40 and you pay 90. Still getting 10% disc on the new boat. Psychological
Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACV = actual cash value. It's what you can sell the boat for TODAY. PERIOD. It's what a dealer would use as a figure then combine that with adjusting the MSRP on a new boat (or used ask price) and come up with a number to show you so you don't feel so bad LOL.

Example..

MSRP is 100K. ACV on trade is 35K. Dealer can really sell the new boat for 85K. but you want a min of 40K. No problem. I'll show you 40 and you pay 90. Still getting 10% disc on the new boat. Psychological
Got it.

The only number worth looking at on trade is difference.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't listen to Dollar Bill he used to charge $100.00 just to put the drain plugs in boats.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Don't listen to Dollar Bill he used to charge $100.00 just to put the drain plugs in boats.
They were nice plugs
Old 06-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Example..

Or known as "over allowing on the trade"
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Reality is many boats big and small from all manufacturers were being sold for crazy money when new and now that the music has stopped the secondary market has dried up for resales. The market "sunk" on these boats but the cost to operate/maintain/insure/store these boats is the same as it was 3-4-5 years ago.

If I was buying today, I would want the nicest boat (paint, options I want, condition) reasonable hours and offer a few bucks more than the average boat in its class is worth. To me 10-20K more on a 100-150K boat is worth it compared to buying a cheaper repo, short sale whatever since these boats eat 10-20K in a heartbeat!

Problem is too many folks are buried in their loans and can't sell for any price!
Pretty much sums up the whole picture. People threw around $$$ when it was funny money, which ran out some time ago. Dealers wants more for new boats now, and give nothing on trades. Financing is like the old days, and floorplan is too expensive.

BTW, I have a 2006 22' cuddy in great condition, will sell for $56k Nice, low-hour small block, great on gas
Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Which "should" be a wake up call to those shopping around for new boats.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by teamusaskater
with the economy getting better the boat market is getting much stronger, skater, mti, fountain, outerlimits, nortech, sunsation all reporting strong sales. the broker market has been moving again boats priced right are selling well.
The economy getting better?

Where do you live?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.