Technical Questions For Steve 1

Notices

Technical Questions For Steve 1

Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
I wish I would have seen these threads 10 years ago thanks for all your knowledge and sharing.
Sir I thank you for reading this and your nice comment.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
One of the YOUTUBE titles says

36 Cheetacat , 840 HP, 146 MPH

Tell us about that boat buddy.
We did some testing on the first boat with a triple setup also and 2.4's it ran in the 120's but never quite right (I never built a deflector or even planned for triples) ,anyway after the Key west WC in 91 word of this Cat got overseas and the boat wound up in the UAE seems the guys in Abu Dhaibi were looking to knock the big Dubai Sheik out of "S" Class.

The story I got was: when it got there it was checked over, measured and the boys walked away laughing, it was a radical boat and the running surface is mass specific which told me volumes about the competition.

To make a long story short it had a 6 minute lead in its very first race in front of everybody at Dubai no less and Victory stopped Both laughing and racing "S" that very day.

Now this went on for 2 years and the boat won a truck load of prize money and bunch of cars, everything was cool long as Rashid did enough to win ,but that all changed in 94 at the UIM World title race he ran way out in front of Buzzi winning but a week Later the UIM passed a new ruling that the 6 Liter "S" Class had a 10 Meter length limit since the Cheetahs were the only ones longer at 11 Meters the boat was effectively banned.

OK what to do? Rashid got Modified 2.5's and Phil Rolla did the props , Anyway here I was thinking the boat was dead and then I get a call from Rashids Uncle Jabbar (serious heavy hitter there)all excited giving me the speeds anyway ole M-11 was a famous boat for a while. They brought me the video in person.

Last edited by Steve 1; 06-21-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Steve can you explain the term "mass specific"? Is it meant that the shape and running surface is designed to carry a specific mass of boat?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
Steve can you explain the term "mass specific"? Is it meant that the shape and running surface is designed to carry a specific mass of boat?
I gave the boat no more running surface than was needed by my calculations off the projected weight, Now for all this to work I had to Guarantee the weight and build the boat VERY Light in fact I never heard of one done that light (I can do better nowadays) but then was a different time and I was alone working this out step by step.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dave the bottom on Momma Cheetahcat

The Top

Last edited by Steve 1; 06-21-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dave running along here,,, now Excluding any "slamming loads" bottom pressure maybe 15 PSI ( I used to set my bottom structures for 60+ PSI of loading) there just is not the mass present to create any higher pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1csGLgX4tk
Old 06-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Steve i notice the running surfaces on your Cheetah are different then anything i have ever seen, from then or now. This surface "A" is flat from the tip of the bow all the way to the transom and actually reminds me of a delta pad keel but full length. I also notice the deadrise seems very steep. What inspired doing it this way and does anyone else use a similar approach? Cool stuff and i can appreciate the "outside the box thinking" especially when you put the competition to rest doing it

You'll hafta click on the pic to see what i've highlighted.
Attached Thumbnails Technical Questions For Steve 1-cheetahkat.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you offered your expertise and successes to any Americans Steve ??
Old 06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Have you offered your expertise and successes to any Americans Steve ??
Sir no but I am Open now for anything needed.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
Steve i notice the running surfaces on your Cheetah are different then anything i have ever seen, from then or now. This surface "A" is flat from the tip of the bow all the way to the transom and actually reminds me of a delta pad keel but full length. I also notice the deadrise seems very steep. What inspired doing it this way and does anyone else use a similar approach? Cool stuff and i can appreciate the "outside the box thinking" especially when you put the competition to rest doing it

You'll hafta click on the pic to see what i've highlighted.
Good Eye Dave, when I did the math models at 1200# VS the 15-18 degrees found in 5000# Hulls I came up with something a "little" different in deadrise also a byproduct of the radical bottom clean up was My stuff is able run in the rough and not beat up the crew.Look at a Cheetahcat run it does not create much of a disturbance at high speed everything is on the pads. the second boat I sent to Kuwait they were leading a very rough race and the boat trying to run second behind them crashed killing some people and the race was black flagged. the deadrise allows it to sink just enough in the wave crest to allow a straight path,If you are going up or down the boat is not going forward very fast.

On the M-11 Vid look at the beginning and watch it travel through the pack of M Boats.Watch the first 50 seconds for the cheetahcat then the pads and deadrise will be better explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxxt...eature=related

Drat they disabled my Chili Peppers Aeroplane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.