Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iamjoe
And the people responsible for making the bad decisions that resulted in this f*%king mess should be locked up; especially that pri(k CEO from BP.
Yes but don't forget the liberals in Washington and the tree huggers.

Lets see now we have thousands of on shore wells capped, we will no longer give permits for shallow offshore drilling because of these fools. So we force them to go in over mile deep water where it is much more difficult and risky. Sure that makes sense!

Before this is over the entire country will not be the same because they will KILL the oil business and we'll have fuel prices higher than Europe.

Yes George I miss you a lot! I bet Chaney is lauging his a$$ off at the fool in the White House.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

http://bp.concerts.com/gom/reliefwell060210.htm
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Yes but don't forget the liberals in Washington and the tree huggers.

Lets see now we have thousands of on shore wells capped, we will no longer give permits for shallow offshore drilling because of these fools. So we force them to go in over mile deep water where it is much more difficult and risky. Sure that makes sense!

Before this is over the entire country will not be the same because they will KILL the oil business and we'll have fuel prices higher than Europe.

Yes George I miss you a lot! I bet Chaney is lauging his a$$ off at the fool in the White House.
A man after my own heart. EPA is the most criminal organization ever put together.

All we really did was trade one fool for a worse fool.

And that B*tch face Pelosi said this was all because of Bush!! I guess Bush is still in charge and I missed that on CNN.

However, it appears as though the market thinks we have a monkey with a football in office (A monkey who's been trained to read none the less...).
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Lets see now we have thousands of on shore wells capped, we will no longer give permits for shallow offshore drilling because of these fools. Dick Holiday

Well I tried Googling the number of onshore wells that have been capped but found nothing. Maybe you have a link? What I DID find was a lot of talk about shale oil, of which the extraction is probably the most dangerous environmental action next to a leaking nuclear reactor. Ask the Canadians how they like shale oil.

As to offshore drilling, President Obama said he was for it, but that was before the BP disaster. It might still happen, but not right NOW lol.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

Angry BP dumps 500,000 pounds of carcinogens at its Texas refinery

There seems to be no end to their arrogance and blatant disregard for the health and lives of others;

BP Reports Hundreds of Thousands of Pounds of Toxic Emissions at Deadly Texas City Refinery
It's time for the corporate 'Death Penalty'...

Not satisfied with merely destroying the Gulf of Mexico, on Friday, BP reported the emission of more than 500,000 pounds of pollutants and non-pollutants in April and May at their refinery in Texas City, TX. The emissions included hundreds of thousands of pounds of deadly benzene, nitrogen oxides and carbon monoxide.

Via Think Progress:
While BP touts the mild success of its most recent attempt to contain the massive gusher spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, they would probably rather people don’t notice the other spill they recently caused, this one of deadly benzene from a refinery in Texas City, TX. The refinery released more than 400 pounds a day of the chemical over a 40-day period from early April to mid May of this year, BP quietly informed the state environmental regulator yesterday. Over that period, the refinery released 500,000 pounds of benzene and other toxic chemicals into the air, the Galveston Daily News reports [emphasis in original]:

Refinery spokesman Michael Marr said in its follow up reporting with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, BP estimated 36,000 pounds of nitrogen oxides and 17,000 pounds of benzene were released in the 40 days. State law requires 10 pounds or more of benzene and 200 pounds or more of nitrogen oxide during a 24-hour period must be reported through the commission’s air emissions database.

The bulk of the emissions during that time included an estimated 189,000 pounds of carbon monoxide and 61,000 pounds of propane, according to the company’s report to the TCEQ.

For the record, this is the same BP refinery where an explosion in 2005 killed 15 workers and injured more than 170 others. The company was forced to pay a meager $71 million in federal fines for that incident. It's as if the company has friends in high places, or something...

Incredibly, regulations on the local level for this type of "spill" seem to be far more stringent that at the federal level. As the Galveston Daily News notes, despite stricter state laws requiring the reporting of "10 pounds or more of benzene and 200 pounds or more of nitrogen oxide during a 24-hour period" to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the D.C. Big Oil lobby seems to have had their way at the federal level:
[N]either of the levels of the emissions reached levels that required self-reporting to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Marr said. The EPA requires any nitrogen oxides release of more than 1,000 pounds a day be reported, while the federal agency does not require reports of benzene emissions.

Had enough yet?

Alaskan blogger Jeanne "Mudflats" Devon, who called our attention to this item via Twitter, calls for the "Corporate death penalty. NOW." in response.

While we are adamantly opposed to the regular Death Penalty --- in other words, actual murder sanctioned and carried out by Big Government --- if corporations are "people", as the Supreme Court recently re-affirmed in Citizens United, then they should have to pay the ultimate price for their continuing mass murder sprees. Big Government should force them to disband, or to be broken into tiny pieces and sold off to others.

Of course, "Corporate Personhood" is a complete and utter fiction to all but the Rightwing who hide behind it to make money and avoid personal accountability, and those on the Left who are too cowardly to do a damn thing about it, since their careers are also now held hostage to the solely-profit-driven whims of unlimited corporate free speech MONEY.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7877
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered my new shirt!

http://www.skinnywaterculture.com/product/fbp
Old 06-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Thanks 727 gonna order one asap.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I love my gulf!

When are those knuckleheads in Wash going to mobilize and get this thing plugged, capped, or stopped!

Here is an idea, lets clean it up know, before our beaches are destroyed.

Here is a bumper sticker to go with the T-shirt.
Attached Thumbnails Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico-oil.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
I love my gulf!

When are those knuckleheads in Wash going to mobilize and get this thing plugged, capped, or stopped!

Here is an idea, lets clean it up know, before our beaches are destroyed.

Here is a bumper sticker to go with the T-shirt.
1. You do? Are you going to volunteer to clean up a beach or rescue animals?

2. Those "knuckleheads" have no way to stop the oil. Only BP has the means to do that.

3. Yeah you go clean it up "know" lol.

4. I'll pass on that stupid sticker but you go ahead and put it on YOUR vehicle if you want to look like an idiot.

Thanks for your useless rant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.