Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 07-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtSteve
They really should waterboard these enviro whackos
Yes isn't she crazy? God forbid she wants to put a CAPITALIST in jail.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned

Angry Hundreds of fishermen missing checks from BP

BP is trying to cut its losses on the backs of fishermen.

Hundreds Of Fishermen Missing Checks From BP
BP Gives No Indication Of When Payments Resume

POSTED: 11:47 pm CDT July 7, 2010
UPDATED: 8:37 am CDT July 8, 2010

GRAND ISLE, La. --
Hundreds of fishermen from Lake Charles to Moss Point, Miss., were supposed to get checks from BP on Wednesday but didn't.

Wednesday night, their lawyer wanted answers.

Jeffrey Briet represents more than 500 fishermen, and he said the payment system he set up with BP required his clients to be paid every 30 days. Now that process has suddenly changed without warning, Briet said.

"Not only did they spring it on us that the process has changed, but the people I've been dealing with for six weeks who've done a good job said, 'We don't know what the process is going to be. We're not authorized to talk to you about it. Someone from BP will contact you,'" he said.

But Briet said he hasn't heard from BP or its lawyers. He said the claims people have been given so much conflicting information about the process that they can't provide answers.

"They couldn't tell me," he said. "And I said, 'I've got 500 people I'm meeting on Saturday. They want to know what the process is.'"

It's not the first time BP has given conflicting information.

On June 11, BP's security contractors tried to keep WDSU from speaking to cleanup workers despite the fact that BP released a statement two days earlier saying the workers could speak to the media.

On May 14, St. Bernard Parish fishermen were upset with low pay and out-of-towners taking their work.

Briet said he's meeting with some fishermen from Moss Point Thursday morning and more on Saturday in Jennings. He said BP hasn't given him any indication when the payments will resume.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/24178322/detail.html
Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's a link to a page with live camera feeds of all the ROV cams in one place. Kinda fascinating.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Here's a link to a page with live camera feeds of all the ROV cams in one place. Kinda fascinating.
They are very cool and work like a person, hang on with one hand and work with the other. BTW they are the size of a mini van.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gotta be a very tricky thing, working like that at 5000 ft down. There's a lot of activity right now- I guess they are preparing to pressure test the new cap, or something.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jayboat
Gotta be a very tricky thing, working like that at 5000 ft down. There's a lot of activity right now- I guess they are preparing to pressure test the new cap, or something.
The Obama administration has stopped the test because of concerns that the pressure could be too great for the valves to handle, like what happened during the "topkill" procedure. They want to wait for the wellbores coming in from the sides to pump concrete or whatever they use in. The experts I've seen on TV agree with this stoppage.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

Unhappy Black wave heading for the Eastern Seaboard

http://allenlrolandsweblog.blogspot....ast-coast.html
Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Catman you really need to read some less radical stuff!

They show that as a dye sample. Well oil is not going to travel at the same rate as dye will and it will not travel in the same direction as dye will. Not trying to down play the severity of this mess but getting your news from people that say this oil spill was to "feed the war machine" is a little over the top.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
The Obama administration has stopped the test because of concerns that the pressure could be too great for the valves to handle, like what happened during the "topkill" procedure. They want to wait for the wellbores coming in from the sides to pump concrete or whatever they use in. The experts I've seen on TV agree with this stoppage.
Not exactly... those valves are plenty strong. The issue is with the well casing. That is the thing around the drill tube. They are worried that it was damaged during the 'junk shot' attempt and if they shut the oil down, then the resulting pressure will breach the casing. Think of a garden hose with a hole in it and what happens when you open and close the nozzle. If that casing gives way, it's a worst case scenario. What they are doing now is slowly closing the valves and monitoring pressure at the well head. If there's low pressure, then there's a big problem.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was never too great of pressure in top kill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.