Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 10-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RED ALGAE, if they were that concerned they should have taken samples. Like i said in an above post, algae will look exactly like oil, espically when it starts to die off. I see it all of the time in wastewater ponds in the summer. I read this same article last week in the TP, environmental groups were out the next day taking samples. It does not take 5 days to analyze samples, just a few hours. Where are the FACTS not online articles.

I gotta stop this back and forth with you, i'm gonna get fired from work for being on-line so much. Get back to me when you have some facts and not an acticle cut and pasted from an online source. Do some research on algae, what causes it, what time of year it occurs, the dead zone off of the mouth of the mississippi, why this happens, etc.

Last edited by JLAY; 10-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
from what i hear they are testing the seafood better now than they were before and I'm not afraid to eat it.
That would make sense, and I sure hope you are right.
I would also note that my link is from HuffPo- they aren't exactly known for non-hysterical headlines.

That said... I sure as hell don't think that BP has our best interests in mind and I believe all that phucking oil is SOMEWHERE out there.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the best we should all hope for is that out of this disaster comes better regulation of the industry. We need to find a sensible balance between protecting our one and only ocean that we all love and SAFE, SMART extraction of oil so that you guys have plenty of fuel to burn so I can continue shooting you.

Also, too... Steve1- those fumes are bad for ya, mmm-kay?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
That would make sense, and I sure hope you are right.
I would also note that my link is from HuffPo- they aren't exactly known for non-hysterical headlines.

That said... I sure as hell don't think that BP has our best interests in mind and I believe all that phucking oil is SOMEWHERE out there.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the best we should all hope for is that out of this disaster comes better regulation of the industry. We need to find a sensible balance between protecting our one and only ocean that we all love and SAFE, SMART extraction of oil so that you guys have plenty of fuel to burn so I can continue shooting you.

Also, too... Steve1- those fumes are bad for ya, mmm-kay?
LOL I spend a lot of money to breathe fresh air all MSA stuff.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLAY
RED ALGAE, if they were that concerned they should have taken samples. Like i said in an above post, algae will look exactly like oil, espically when it starts to die off. I see it all of the time in wastewater ponds in the summer. I read this same article last week in the TP, environmental groups were out the next day taking samples. It does not take 5 days to analyze samples, just a few hours. Where are the FACTS not online articles.

I gotta stop this back and forth with you, i'm gonna get fired from work for being on-line so much. Get back to me when you have some facts and not an acticle cut and pasted from an online source. Do some research on algae, what causes it, what time of year it occurs, the dead zone off of the mouth of the mississippi, why this happens, etc.
Don't get fired because of me OR this website. And I think I'll leave the research to the experts, I'm too far away from the problem.

But don't forget, it's in BP's interests to have everybody believe the oil is gone. So misidentifying oil as algal bloom is good for them.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

And Jay, as to "better regulation"...the oil companies want NO regulation which is why they're giving 95% of their campaign contributions to Republicans and Teabag candidates.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a boss that once told me to never argue with a dumba$$, because most people cannot which is which.

peace out!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JLAY
Had a boss that once told me to never argue with a dumba$$, because most people cannot which is which.

peace out!
Hey FUK YOU pal.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Hey FUK YOU pal.

LoL

Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And Jay, as to "better regulation"...the oil companies want NO regulation which is why they're giving 95% of their campaign contributions to Republicans and Teabag candidates.
Wrong they gave a mill to blue lips the clown ,maybe could have bought a better BOP with the money.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

not an expert on drilling regulations but I do know a thing or two about MSHA regs and I would bet that they are similar in having way to many regs and way to much power over the companies...that being said I would bet this happened cuz the company didn't do their part in doing what they were suppose to and the regulators OUR GOVENMENT didn't do what they were suppose to...never trust your government...no matter what party or who is charge...they are just as bad or worse as big companies who don't give **** about anything but the bottom line and they are much much bigger and have gotten way to much control over our lives these days!!! and for the "TEABAG Candidates"..the dems and a few repubs are gonna get TEABAGGED by them this election

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.