Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Single Boom 1,800 barrels an hour or 75,000 gallons, use a half dozen of those things.
Correct, with a tiny bit of discipline and a whole bunch of money private industry can employ modern technology oil skimmers, we could nail that thing and be turning it into gasoline in a week.

<The drum type skimmers seem to be the most effective and intrigue me the most. >

Think about it - free oil!

UD
Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by handfulz28
And how much bilge gunk do you think gets pumped out of ships each year? We've been stepping in heavy oil gunk on the beach here for at least the 30+ years that I can remember.

Lefty enviro wackos are making a much bigger deal of this than it should be. It's not the end of the freaking world. It will suck for a while, it will get cleaned up, and it will pass. BP is ready to start injecting dispersant directly at the leak to help.

It's not like this area is a stranger to natural disaster or anything...
You're joking, right? As a resident of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, ALL ON THE WATER, I can not believe someone would make such a statement. Yes we have had quite a few Natural disasters and after many years we have rebuilt and life goes on. Those natural disaters did not KILL or Maim millions of birds, sea turtles, fish, shrimp, oysters, etc. The effect of this will go away, but at what cost, not to BP, but to the people who's lives this directly effects. I'm not, as you put it, a lefty enviro wacko, but someone who loves to boat and fish IN THE GULF, and yes I do take it personally when someone like you makes this kind of statement. By the way, I put your name down as the next person to be on the Castrol commercial where they pour the OIL SLUDGE on top of your head. Have a nice life.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered

Default Get over the politics and look at the whole picture...

And how much bilge gunk do you think gets pumped out of ships each year? We've been stepping in heavy oil gunk on the beach here for at least the 30+ years that I can remember.

Lefty enviro wackos are making a much bigger deal of this than it should be. It's not the end of the freaking world. It will suck for a while, it will get cleaned up, and it will pass. BP is ready to start injecting dispersant directly at the leak to help.

It's not like this area is a stranger to natural disaster or anything...

This WILL have devastating effects on the coastal areas economies where it ends up. You live in Ft. Lauderdale, I guess you think the tourists will continue to come there, spend their money all while stepping in tar balls and seeing that chit all over the beaches there.

I have a condo on Ft. Myers beach that I rent out in the winter, I have been fortunate to have a couple from Toronto rent it for six month a year, for the past three years. If this crap washes up here, they have already stated they will not rent next year. That’s over twenty thousand that I will potentially have lost in income. That just one MINOR example...
Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lawdocx3
That’s over twenty thousand that I will potentially have lost in income.
And what are you going to do about it? Sue BP? Go ahead and start filing your claim: 1-800-440-0858

I don't remember wishing any ill will to anybody because of this. It's a natural disaster, 11 people lost their lives. Everybody who works in that business puts their lives on the line, but we sit here and b!tch and moan about the mess when an accident happens. It's pretty f-ing hypocritical for a bunch of boaters to complain when we're the ones demanding that product.

Go ahead and keep calling me out so we know who the hypocrites are. Unless you're on the beach with a bottle of Dawn and a roll of paper towels, you're no better than me.

To volunteer, call 1-866-448-5816.
To submit your vessel as a vessel of opportunity skimming system: (281) 366-5511
To submit alternative response technology, services or products: (281) 366-5511
Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

And what are you going to do about it? Sue BP? Go ahead and start filing your claim: 1-800-440-0858

I don't remember wishing any ill will to anybody because of this. It's a natural disaster, 11 people lost their lives. Everybody who works in that business puts their lives on the line, but we sit here and b!tch and moan about the mess when an accident happens. It's pretty f-ing hypocritical for a bunch of boaters to complain when we're the ones demanding that product.

Go ahead and keep calling me out so we know who the hypocrites are. Unless you're on the beach with a bottle of Dawn and a roll of paper towels, you're no better than me.

To volunteer, call 1-866-448-5816.
To submit your vessel as a vessel of opportunity skimming system: (281) 366-5511
To submit alternative response technology, services or products: (281) 366-5511

Where in my post did I ever say I was going to sue anybody??? I simply stated that this IS going to be a big deal on all levels. You seem to think it is not. Can you say clueless...
Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered

first off this is NOT a natural disaster. This was man-made. Obvious to me that someone on that oil platform F#$CKED up and this is what happens. BP is at fault. As for volunteering, there should be only paid workers doing whatever clean up is necassary and paid what ever they demand directly from siezed funds from BP bank account.

Of course this will never happen, but one could wish.

Just think what would happen if you go to the local Walmart and dumped your engine oil in the parking lot. The cops, fire dept and just about ever other local agency would jump on the band wagon and hand you a large sum of fines with possible criminal penaltys. or if a local mechanic shop dumped a drum of waste oil in the storm drain out in the street.

As for BP paying they're fair share, I guess no followed what happened to the Exxon Valdez case which just recently got overturned by our supreme court and Exxon's payout was greatly reduced. This after 20 plus years of court manipulation by the great corporate lawyers.

ooohhhh, I forgot this is somehow Obama's fault???????
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by skaterdave
first off this is NOT a natural disaster. This was man-made. Obvious to me that someone on that oil platform F#$CKED up and this is what happens. BP is at fault. As for volunteering, there should be only paid workers doing whatever clean up is necassary and paid what ever they demand directly from siezed funds from BP bank account.

Of course this will never happen, but one could wish.

Just think what would happen if you go to the local Walmart and dumped your engine oil in the parking lot. The cops, fire dept and just about ever other local agency would jump on the band wagon and hand you a large sum of fines with possible criminal penaltys. or if a local mechanic shop dumped a drum of waste oil in the storm drain out in the street.

As for BP paying they're fair share, I guess no followed what happened to the Exxon Valdez case which just recently got overturned by our supreme court and Exxon's payout was greatly reduced. This after 20 plus years of court manipulation by the great corporate lawyers.

ooohhhh, I forgot this is somehow Obama's fault???????
The only part of Exxon's settlement that got reduced was the punitive damages. Everything else got paid.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Didn't it take 15 to 20 years for Exxon to pay?

They had the CEO of BP on the other day, he said it was the sub contractors fault,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I bet I know where this is headed.

ooohhhh, I forgot this IS Obama's fault???????

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 05-04-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to blame the goverment.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Have a condo booked in orange beach for july. Need to decide soon if I want my money back. I hope the cap they are building in fouchon works.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 05-04-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

We can’t even count the amount of money lost. Here is an example: The Emerald Coast Poker Run, all the money they donate to the children’s fund. (No Poker Run, No Money) Blaming everyone is not going to help anything, let’s Pray they get it shut off soon and the cleanup is quick. I volunteered with the Tri State Bird Rescue to try and help. For the good of boating and everything else we should all think about how to help clean this mess up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.