Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have plenty of Oil ,more that anyone,The fact is we are not allowed to use our own Oil and this is the Problem.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^Where is all this oil that we can't use??? Because as far as I know the amount of oil we have pales in in comparison to the amounts in the middle east.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jetheadracer
^^^^Where is all this oil that we can't use??? Because as far as I know the amount of oil we have pales in in comparison to the amounts in the middle east.
It's in shale, the dirtiest oil to extract and refine. I hope our shale is never worked because that oil is in the most beautiful, fragile, pristine wilderness left in this country.

US ranks 11th in proven reserves;

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html

Last edited by Catmando; 05-06-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JLAY
Don't want to rain on your parade here but oil is used to make other products other than just gas. Propane, hexane, other "light" gases, diesel,fuel oil, asphalts, plastics, etc. Out of one barrel that may be the amount of gas in one instance, but it depends on what they are making money on at the time. If they are making more money on another product it may be less than the 19 gallons of gas, it may be more if they are making money on the gas.
You didn't "rain on his parade". Nothing you posted refuted anything those graphs showed.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was aware that there is quite a bit of heavy crude. Not a lot of sweet crude left as far as I know. The company I work for has operations in the western canadian oil sands, so I am aware of that. I guess my point is that we don't really have huge reserves that would make an immediate impact on the market.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

I was aware that there is quite a bit of heavy crude. Not a lot of sweet crude left as far as I know. The company I work for has operations in the western canadian oil sands, so I am aware of that. I guess my point is that we don't really have huge reserves that would make an immediate impact on the market.
I think the largest fields we have left are in the Gulf, but as you can see from the depth that the Horizon rig was drilling, pretty much all the shallow fields are tapped out. The oil companies have to come up with better deep-water safety measures or this scenario will happen again.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have a trillion eight alone in ONE deposit of Oil shale alone which Shell has a devolped process for that could bring the price to around $35.00 per barrel the Baklands oil reserve estimate is growing by the day ,Alaska Oil and off Florida and California, Plus we have 30+% of the worlds coal which can be converted. We are handcuffed by the enviro whacks. Old wells that were considered dry and depleted are refilling in some cases.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think the largest fields we have left are in the Gulf, but as you can see from the depth that the Horizon rig was drilling, pretty much all the shallow fields are tapped out. The oil companies have to come up with better deep-water safety measures or this scenario will happen again.
They are forced there by the Marxist interests that hate the thought of America being Energy independent
Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Ummm... Steve?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
It's in shale, the dirtiest oil to extract and refine. I hope our shale is never worked because that oil is in the most beautiful, fragile, pristine wilderness left in this country.

US ranks 11th in proven reserves;

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html
Your list is dead wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.