Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbanzer
Where are the oil slingers that Kevin Costners company was developing? I was under the impression they had the capacity to capture the entire amount of oil being leaked to the surface.
I'd like to know that myself. I read about Kevin's machines, sounds like they could really help.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
1. You do? Are you going to volunteer to clean up a beach or rescue animals?

2. Those "knuckleheads" have no way to stop the oil. Only BP has the means to do that.

3. Yeah you go clean it up "know" lol.

4. I'll pass on that stupid sticker but you go ahead and put it on YOUR vehicle if you want to look like an idiot.

Thanks for your useless rant.
Everett, talk about double standard. If Bush were still in Office you would be bashing him relentlessly for not engaging in the clean up\capping efforts earlier.

That said, it is a travesty this has taken so long, no doubt. My Prayers go out to all in the Gulf.

Sam
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1. You do? Are you going to volunteer to clean up a beach or rescue animals?

2. Those "knuckleheads" have no way to stop the oil. Only BP has the means to do that.

3. Yeah you go clean it up "know" lol.

4. I'll pass on that stupid sticker but you go ahead and put it on YOUR vehicle if you want to look like an idiot.

Thanks for your useless rant.

#1, I have done it before, and will do it again, just hope it does not become necessary.

#2, The admin in Wash spends gazillions of tax dollars on programs no one wants, to give 'entitlements' to those who do not want to work. Lets spend some of my tax dollars on something useful, helping to clean my Gulf.

#3 You got me on this one, typeo.

#4 Yes, it is a stupid sticker, but not as stupid as the voters. How is that Hope and Change working out?

Rant, intransitive verb, meaning: to scold vehemently
Oh look is that a typeo? I think you must have meant priceless rant?

Last edited by AppSysCons; 06-08-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

One would think the Gulf states had a plan to deal with this sort of thing, since that's where the oil rigs are. Aside from that, BP's permits and leases have their sworn statements that they are readily equipped to handle spills much larger and deeper than this one.

What we've found is a bunch of people that lied to everyone, and people shouting about what government can do to solve this issue. I think government can certainly help out in the future, and help kick BP in the butt. Other than that, it's a hard lesson learned about the realities of trust in the business world.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Steve, the only thing these clowns had a plan for was how to suck as much money from the earth as quickly as they could. There is so much wrong with this whole disaster that I can hardly stand to think about it any more.

And now...

there are reports surfacing that the 'top shot' or whatever the hell they called it, cracked the well casing the other day. They were using an 80,000hp pump to inject the mud/whatever into the well and that pipe just isn't made to withstand those pressures. BP, as usual, has been evasive about the whole freaking thing, but there is a reason they stopped the operation so quickly. The situation now is that they CANNOT PLUG THE THING. They have to continue to let it flow because the casing cannot withstand the pressure if they stop the flow. This is why they are bringing in a new cap assembly for the wellhead.

If that casing blows it turns into an absolute doomsday scenario. The seabed in that area is not solid- it's more like compacted crumbcake. There would be no way to stop the leaking from thousands of different cracks.

drill, baby, drill.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jayboat
Steve, the only thing these clowns had a plan for was how to suck as much money from the earth as quickly as they could. There is so much wrong with this whole disaster that I can hardly stand to think about it any more.

And now...

there are reports surfacing that the 'top shot' or whatever the hell they called it, cracked the well casing the other day. They were using an 80,000hp pump to inject the mud/whatever into the well and that pipe just isn't made to withstand those pressures. BP, as usual, has been evasive about the whole freaking thing, but there is a reason they stopped the operation so quickly. The situation now is that they CANNOT PLUG THE THING. They have to continue to let it flow because the casing cannot withstand the pressure if they stop the flow. This is why they are bringing in a new cap assembly for the wellhead.

If that casing blows it turns into an absolute doomsday scenario. The seabed in that area is not solid- it's more like compacted crumbcake. There would be no way to stop the leaking from thousands of different cracks.

drill, baby, drill.
Lord have mercy...
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

There's a lot to be learned from this Jay, a hard lesson indeed. Not a great time to alienate people, but draw them towards logical solutions. BP did the wrong thing for sure, many bad decisions.

The opportunity to build on this and head towards a better understanding based on fear and trust is the way to go. This should not be partisan, but more of a meeting of the minds. People instinctively withdraw or attack if attacked on ideological lines. Better to learn the lesson and earn more respect and support.

Don't play the political game, it pays poorly for average citizens. There is a common interest for the majority of people here. The Gulf is an enormous natural resource that the majority of people love and cherish. It is a time for bonding, not fighting. Going forward, the solutions and precautions could solidify a large part of our industries.

In other words........... know when to draft new team members to your cause, and give them a reason to trust you and support you. Stop Pi$$ing on people's foreheads
Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

If Bush were still in Office you would be bashing him relentlessly for not engaging in the clean up\capping efforts earlier.

Obama took almost $900,000 from BP for his Senate and Presidential election campaigns. As a result he trusted them too much. So in hindsight he waited too long, without a doubt.

Bu$h, knowing nothing about oil rigs and cleanup, would have just let Cheney handle it, which would have had the same result we have now.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If Bush were still in Office you would be bashing him relentlessly for not engaging in the clean up\capping efforts earlier.

Obama took almost $900,000 from BP for his Senate and Presidential election campaigns. As a result he trusted them too much. So in hindsight he waited too long, without a doubt.

Bu$h, knowing nothing about oil rigs and cleanup, would have just let Cheney handle it, which would have had the same result we have now.
Alabama legislators alone took six times that much. The government has no choice but to trust the oil companies, since the agency in charge of their regulation is a complete fraud. I don;t believe any president of any party or era would have handled this differently. The only idiots are the voters that change faces on a daily basis, and are heavily biased towards one party or another. $900 grand is chump change, and buys very little loyalty.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The interview today was a mess. The president just does not know how to act... presidential. Sad really. He came off looking more pompus then I thought that even he could.

His answer to why he has not contacted BP was insulting at best.

Like VtSteve said the best result in this will be if we reach out to BP and comunicate with them and work with them. Yes hammer them with fines later but for now we need to stop this leak!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.