Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just found this website

This thread is dated from the first minutes after the explosion;

http://gcaptain.com/forum/offshore/4...-rig-fire.html
Old 06-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
the goverment sat on their hands instead of making a decison on a timley manner. That is the difference between a businessman and a politian. tomtbone

How soon we forget that BP lulled the government to sleep with their spillage estimates. They said they could deal with 1000gal/day. Why would Obama not believe them?

BTW since America doesn't build those skimmer ships any more(if we ever did), the Jones Act needs to be repealed.

Anybody in the piping industry that was even mildly interested knew within days that BP was liying. And Washinton didnt ?
Maybe The President needs some new advisors !
Hate cheney and Bush all you want but, They would have known & having run bussineses they would have known how to react
Old 06-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting BP internal document

http://www.businessinsider.com/inter...lusterStock%29

"Today Representative Ed Markey (D-Mass.) released an internal BP document showing that the company's own analysis believed that a worst-case scenario, based on damage to the well bore, could result in 100,000 barrels of oil per day.
In the document, BP stated: If BOP and wellhead are removed and if we have incorrectly modeled the restrictions – the rate could be as high as ~ 100,000 barrels per day up the casing or 55,000 barrels per day up the annulus (low probability worst cases)
To read the document, CLICK HERE.
This number is in sharp contrast to BP’s initial claim that the leak was just 1,000 barrels a day. At the time this document was made available to Congress, BP claimed the leak was 5,000 barrels a day, and told Members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee that the worst case scenario was be 60,000 barrels a day. This document tells a different story.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/internal-bp-document-says-spill-could-reach-100000-barrels-per-day-2010-6?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+clusterstock+%28ClusterStock%29#ixzz0rQ 5u2nRr"
Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by birdog
Anybody in the piping industry that was even mildly interested knew within days that BP was liying. And Washinton didnt ?
Maybe The President needs some new advisors !
Hate cheney and Bush all you want but, They would have known & having run bussineses they would have known how to react
Unless they were all lying, many oil company execs told Congress that they would have handled this mess much the same way, with probably the same results.

I doubt you could seriously tout Bush's record in business as qualifying as anything close to being an oil man. There's a reason you don;t hear too many (none) execs offering too much insight in this case. Believe it or not, I think they're flat out.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the overview of the wellhead failure;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8iN...eature=channel
Old 06-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Here's the overview of the wellhead failure;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8iN...eature=channel
thanks cat a solution idea for the future
Don't take that as sarcasm we need idas to move forward

I have been wondering if they could slip a pipe ove the existing on but must be really a tangled mess down there

not sure how it would have helped here with the rig collapsing though

I have read some therories that by trying to put out fire they waterlogged the rig and caused it to sink which was probably inevitable any way

what a friken mess that is being politisized on both sides of the isle

I would be surprised if 50 billion can clean this up
Old 06-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I didn't see what they fought the fire with, but if it was straight seawater, they might as well have been pissing on it. They needed foam and lots of it. it wouldn't have stopped the pressurized fire, but it would have seriously impeded the secondary fire.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relief well

Well I feel a little more confident now that I have read some of the technology on how the find the original well

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ief-well_N.htm
Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It would seem many are represented here, in this article about what foreigners think of this mess. Amazingly, some of the same people have been on two sides inside of a month or so.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nation...&asset=&ccode=
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

thats an amazing technology. How they can drill to those depths from a floating platform is just beyond me. Are there and graphical representations as to what is involved in this type of drilling?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.