Tipping $$ at the marinas/yacht clubs

Old 06-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

A $10.00 tip is alot better then a $500.00 scratch
Old 06-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tip what you can. When my boat ran and I kept it rack-stored, I gave the guy running the fork $20 every time I can in and told him to split it with his dock-hands that helped with my boat.

After a couple times, all I had to do was pull in the parking lot and as soon as they saw my car/truck they had me on the forks and ready to go in, alot of times in front of other people waiting. It was funny seeing the tightwads pointing and *****ing about why I was going in before them when they were there first

Same thing at the bars we go to, once you hook them up a few times, they remember who you are regardless of who's boat you're are on.

Last edited by c_deezy; 06-28-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO TRUE SO TRUE....the counter art is all the go fast boats coming in and out of the "public parking" side of the marina w boats that cost ridicoulous money and they are too cheap to buy a 10 dollar token to re-enter the marina. it makes me laugh when i see a 50yr old guy beating the system for 10 bucks(they will yank on the gate until it flings open or sit there for 15mins until someone exits!!!)...i wonder if he avoids his maintence and everything else associated with money for his boat!!!!!

....I know its a little different than a tip but its the concept of spending a dollar!!!!