Notices

Hull Reccommendations

Old 06-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trying to get some more info on foutain40icbm's sutphen 26 setup.

and how it compares to the charlie built banana boat 24.

or any other suggestions to look into that matches the above criteria

thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a couple more for consideration....

22 Velocity ..I had one.... 62-65 mph with single 200 merc

22 Apache

21 checkmate
Old 06-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
a couple more for consideration....

22 Velocity ..I had one.... 62-65 mph with single 200 merc

22 Apache

21 checkmate
thanks! i've read stories about ppl in checkmates and apaches getting walked by banana 24s in med chop?

how is the velocity in chop?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sixmassive
thanks! i've read stories about ppl in checkmates and apaches getting walked by banana 24s in med chop?

no 21 or 22 will be good in 4 to 5 ft chop even a 24 is small for that. the 26 sutphen will run the best 26 degree hull 8 ft beam I have freinds that had 26s that ran up to 98mph. if your going island hopping you should think of twins ob cause you loss one you got one to get you back. but I would look at DANS 26 he has for sale and if you have a chance theres a twin Saber 28 ob boat for sale which are known for rough water handling like sutphen 30s. if I can find it I will post back.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
no 21 or 22 will be good in 4 to 5 ft chop even a 24 is small for that. the 26 sutphen will run the best 26 degree hull 8 ft beam I have freinds that had 26s that ran up to 98mph. if your going island hopping you should think of twins ob cause you loss one you got one to get you back. but I would look at DANS 26 he has for sale and if you have a chance theres a twin Saber 28 ob boat for sale which are known for rough water handling like sutphen 30s. if I can find it I will post back.
thanks! 4-5 is the most i would run in most likely. the island hopping i will be doing will all be in cell range and i know alot of ppl with boats on all the routes i will be going.

unless i take a trip to st, maartin or puerto rico. i e mailed about the RR SOB but nothing yet. havent seen the saber yet, i just looked. i would repower the RR to maybe twins depending on how it ran with that single though since it is cheapish

but the RR would be better than the banana? i have ruled out the superboat because of the 7' beam. i'll sacrifice for the extra room.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered

Have you considered an Active thunder?
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/8940
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
what he said

24 Sonic is another optoin not taking anything away from the Sutphen..it is a very good rough water boat.

The 24 Sonic is very large for it size and has stand up bolsters and a high freeboard .....finding one may be difficult.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sixmassive

I personally do not like the checkmate but it fits your list. I also dont care for the low freeboard or look of the apache.

The Velocity is fast an is very nice looking however its is light and can get you in a lot of trouble very quickly in a 2+ foot chop..especially runing close to its top end.

Hustler also made a very capable twin outboard hull, I cant remember the size but I want to say 26...I could be wrong.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Registered

Heres some picts of a 24 Sonic with twin 2.4 liters 260 hp runnin ..also look at site www.screamandfly.com, all outboard powered boats there.
Attached Thumbnails Hull Reccommendations-24-sonic-2.jpg   Hull Reccommendations-24-sonic-3.jpg  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

well so far all the researching i have been doing i think i am going to try for a charlie build banana 24 first. due for the 8' beam, and not being underpowered with a single 250. if not the search will continue.
Thank you for the help i will keep you updated.

please dont let this thread end, im sure it will be helpful to someone else down the road. the more info the better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.