Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
42 Fountain on Ebay - Spun Out >

42 Fountain on Ebay - Spun Out

Notices

42 Fountain on Ebay - Spun Out

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I know the guy who spun it out. A nice older gentleman from my marina on Cumberland who has countless hours behind the wheel of a 115+ mph 2000 38 Fountian and other high performance boats before his 38.. He bought this new 42 with 1075's and much larger steps than his 2000 38 that he was used to. People who saw him spin it say he just turned too hard going too fast and it spun out on him. I have the same hull as his 38 and it might be that he was just making a turn that he has probably made countless times in his 38 with the much smaller steps; but with the much bigger steps in his new 42 it just spun instead of turning The boat came apart like a cheap suit when it did spin. So much so that I am told that Reggie said he would make him another one because this one was beyond repair and should not have come apart like it did in the first place. Fountian totally stripped it and built him another one.

Which brings us to the quesiton of: Why is Shogren selling this defective hull in the first place? To me the ad does not convey the serious and unrepairable nature of the boat as it has been relayed to me by numerous boating friends who have seen the damage to it. If Reggie wanted no part in repairing this boat with all of the resources at his disposal, then how much luck is some unsuspecting ebay bidder gonna have in his garage or at the local repair shop? I am really surprised that somone like Shogren Marine would have anything to do with selling this boat and write an ad that seems to imply that it can be repaired and registered as homemade.

Send the defective pos to the scrapper where it belongs or at the very least write an ad that truely represents the dangerous conditon of the boat and include the opinion of the man who built it that it was not only wrecked but defective.
Better yet, put a winshield on it and mount it high on a poll as a display piece only.

THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION WHICH MEANS IT WILL BE SOLD TO HIGHEST BIDDER.

BOAT SOLD AS SHOWN IN PICTURES, NOTHING ELSE INCLUDED. TRAILER NOT INCLUDED.

THIS BOAT WAS SPUN OUT AND THE DECK PARTIALLY SEPARATED FROM THE HULL.

THIS BOAT IS BEING SOLD AS IS SHOWN AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WITH BOAT.

TRAILER IS NOT INCLUDED.

BOAT NEEDS TO BE PAID FOR IN FULL WITHIN 72 HOURS OF AUCTION CLOSE.

PICK UP ADDRESS IS 3830 SUNSET AVE, WAUKEGAN, IL 60087.

NO TITLE WITH BOAT SINCE IT WAS CONSIDERED TOTALED. YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER AS HOMEMADE BOAT
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It would be a cool sign or a nice table/bar
Old 06-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'd take it for my front yard, upside down with a mannequin that looks like Cash Bar on top of it.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a bar in Dayton that bought a stripped hull and put it in the middle of the bar with the dj in the cockpit. It was actually pretty cool. Gino needs to open a new club.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'd take it for my front yard, upside down with a mannequin that looks like Cash Bar on top of it.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did it cost to trailer it from NC To Shogren.Was it even worth it?