Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winni.........Speed limit permanent. >

Lake Winni.........Speed limit permanent.

Notices

Lake Winni.........Speed limit permanent.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Winni is still a blast! MP's have been nothing but very nice to me, I can't say enough good about the way I have been treated.
How about that time with the gladiator?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Winni is still a blast! MP's have been nothing but very nice to me, I can't say enough good about the way I have been treated.
Generally speaking, I think they're probably more reasonable than most, with the exception of some of the younger, part timers from time to time. I'm sure the seasoned MP's can spot people having a good time safely,and those that are trouble makers, we all can.

I think if you are within noise limits, and keep it reasonable, they'll pretty much leave you alone. Like any LEO's, when stopped, be the friendliest, nicest person around and they'll remember that. Those that keep a low profile usually don't make the top ten list.

The biggest problem HP boaters have is other HP boaters. There's always one or two that act like cowboys. With a small minority of HP boaters on the lake, people tend to use a broad brush and paint the entire group. Being aligned with the MP's is not a bad position to be in.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
With the Skater?
Nope. His Skater is scared of the Gladiator.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winnipesaukee Speed Limits

Some good comments on this forum. I have been on this lake for twenty years and the HP guys are generally the safest on the water. The best policy though, is to watch the speeds and stay away from the booze - no way in hell can you operate one of these boats under the influence........let's make sure that the law doesn't get reinforced due to any actions of us HP guys................
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
Nope. His Skater is scared of the Gladiator.
Ya think??
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Ya think??
I "think" that was a joke...
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It amazes me what a vocal minority can get done. A small group of old farts that want to relive the golden pond age when they come up from mass for a few weekends. Pisser is that most of the islanders dont know what NO WAKE means but they want a special law to make them feel less insecure.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
I'll be boating on lake winnie tomorrow...Slow speeds are not my friend
I would love to see a Pure Platinum speed run up there at 180 MPH! The locals wouldn't know what it was!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

I think the enforcement of this will really depend on where the revenue from the tickets will end up. If the MP gets a decent % then they will see that as a revenue stream and enforce it. There's not a Chief in the country that wouldn't, you pay new equipment with it, and most important of all, overtime for officers.

Now if the revenue goes into a general fund, then I would suspect it's up to verve of each MP officer, it's not like they need the radar gun to get probable cause to pull you over in order to find other violations, they can do that with a safety inspection.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
The fact is the Lake property owners that have DEEP Pockets dictate to the politicians what they want. $$$$ has a lot of clout on Winni as it does on Lake George. When all the special laws were passed on LG some 25+ years ago, a lot of HP boaters said it wouldn't last.
Maybe the existing Marine patrol isn't happy with it and may turn their heads the other way, but what if a lake commission is formed and they start a permit system and charging fees to use the lake?? Then take that revenue, buy boats and form a Lake patrol with a bunch of Gung Ho wanna be cops that will wear out a ball point pen in one day.
There are a lot of HP boaters on OSO that have had some experience with the LG patrol. They can tell you some stories.
Dude you hate LG!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.