Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smartcraft/Vesselview (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/234143-smartcraft-vesselview.html)

AppSysCons 07-07-2010 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by rsess (Post 3153406)
I have the race view in my twin 525 28 eliminator. I can't figure out how the inches per revolution is used to maximize propeller efficiency. Anyone know how

Mine is an older 2007 version, and does not have this feature.

According to Mercury Racing "Unique to VesselView - Race Edition is the inches-per-revolution measurement. This information, calculated in real time from multiple SmartCraft sensors, can be used to trim outboards, drives and trim tabs so maximum propeller and hull efficiency is achieved. It also allows for a direct comparison of different drive and propeller combinations that does not rely on the often hard-to-determine pitch of the propeller, and eliminates having to update the display every time a propeller or gear ratio is changed. From this data, the operator can easily calculate propeller slip and other propeller attributes that can quickly be used to determine which propeller is really needed for a particular race-day, or everyday, by helping to get the best “all-around” setup. This information can be used to easily configure another screen unique to VesselView - Race Edition, the drive/tab trim position screen. Trim tab positions are displayed from zero to 100 percent, and can be calibrated to place the optimum setting, while propeller icons display accurate trim positions for each engine on a scale of 0.0 (minimum trim) to 10.0 (maximum trim), or 0.0 (minimum trim) to 10.0 (maximum trim) to 25.0 (maximum trailer), adjusting the display resolution to your needs. "

rsess 07-07-2010 08:38 PM

Thanks. I just checked. It is inches per revolution of the engine not the drive. That is why it is so much lower than the prop pitch.

SLOWRIDE-388 07-07-2010 09:07 PM

Does anybody have an extra smartcraft raceview sun cover they want to get rid of? Just need one, lost one a while back, believe it's for the SC5000. Where can I get one cheap?

Ben

bert4332 07-07-2010 09:27 PM

Where can you buy the Race edition?

Double Rigged 07-08-2010 08:27 AM

TNT in north Miami or any Mercury dealer. Just make sure it is the race view addition. They come from Mercury Racing .

AppSysCons 07-08-2010 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bert4332 (Post 3153616)
Where can you buy the Race edition?

Livorsi Marine, below is the page from the current on-line catalog

techman 07-08-2010 08:48 AM

I have a Northstar GPS with Smartcraft and it is awesome. Great piece of mind thing to have on board. I have it setup with my twin 496's and compliments my Livorsi analog gauges on the dash. Just about ALL of my analog gauges are off plus or minus a tiny amount compared to the real engine data being fed to the smartcraft sreen.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it so far, but for me the fuel burn data alone is worth the cost of the setup. I know down to the last drop of how much fuel I burn. No more wondering about how much is left and we all know how flaky the tank gauges can be especially on a low fuel amount.

I can't imagine not having it!

4mulafastech 07-08-2010 12:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the SC5000 in my 292 and also love the fuel burn data. Simply reset after fill-up and you know exactly how much you have left. The steering position indicator to show exactly where the drives are pointed when manuvering in tight spots in a marina is a nice feature, as well as the peak speed and rpm feature, as well as...:drink:

TEAMBAJA 07-08-2010 01:08 PM

I have both (Race View and Vessleview) that will be going in the Swap Shop soon if there is any interest. Both are new units from an employee sale a few years ago, but you will probably have to purchase the plugs/wiring for them. I'll check to see what I have.

SDFever 07-08-2010 04:25 PM

Has anyone linked their Vessel View system to the windlass? In the beginning it was supposed to have anchor warning, scope measurment etc..