Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Powerplay 38 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23421-new-powerplay-38-a.html)

cowisl 04-30-2002 11:57 PM

New Powerplay 38

Just wondering what the latest is with the boat??? How did it run??
Thanks

thunderdan 05-01-2002 08:58 AM

I think the latest was a splash date of May 13. It is robbies boat from this board, I think he is defyngravity.

ScreaminDemon 05-01-2002 09:42 AM

it was mentioned here on the board a month ago that it ran 94 mph with (t) Cobra 725 hp...DefynGravity is "supposed" to take delivery of his new 38 on may 13th (i think this year) and he is getting 675 eickerts...should be interesting.

ScreaminDemon 05-01-2002 01:37 PM

is it me, or has something been deleted here?

thunderdan 05-01-2002 03:03 PM

There was another post after this one by Goodfella about the 38 powerplay. It said something to the effect that robbie was in his shop picking up parts last week and PP pushed his delievery date back from may 13 to June 1. I think that is what Screamin Demon was refering to?

DEFYN GRAVITY 05-01-2002 07:27 PM

NEWS FLASH!!!! New delivery date 1st of June! I have changed several things lately that is adding to some of the delay. I was at the factory yesterday and they are rigging the boat. Yes it is true I wished that it was done but I am willing to wait, not being the best writer in the world I will not go into detail but, the components that are there & being installed are awesome.

Dan will have the 725 Cobra powered boat at the Air & Sea Show in Ft Laurdale this weekend. PP is trying a new set up this weekend on the drive hight (sp?) to make sure that the X is where it is suppose to be!

Robbie

thunderdan 05-01-2002 08:12 PM

Robbie,

Cool. I hear ya about the changes and how it can delay things. I changed my motors about 1 month ago. What changes did you make? I know you also went with KE 675's which drives did you go with?

Dan

DEFYN GRAVITY 05-01-2002 10:26 PM

Dan, A bunch of interior changes, but the number one change holding the rigging up in places is the dash panels and the custom Circuit Breaker panel being made with back lighting and a lighted logo, pretty cool! After much debate & deliberation I have changed my drives to IMCO Extreme SC's. Dave at IMCO has been great with the answering questions. The other choices were XR's, B-Max's, #5's and #6's. All had pro's & con's, I believe this is the right combination. I have held things up almost two weeks because I will not let Powerplay cut the X untill thay try several different drive heights (X dimension), that should be this weekend. The KE 675's are there and are ready to go, they are painted purple with polished blowers, the bilge is aw-griped yellow, I can't wait to run them! I have tried posting pictures, will try again after the Tic-Faw Poker Run this weekend in New Orleans.

Robbie

thunderdan 05-01-2002 10:32 PM

Robbie,

sound like it is going to be a killer set up. I love the way those KE engine look. How are the doing the hatch? It will be interesting to see how the drives hold up. Those KE have some serious torque. I am going to run them behind some xr's with 1:36 gears. I am hoping that they hold together. What made you deceide the imco's over the xr drives?