Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23442-better-sbi-miami-apba-daytona.html)

BDFREE 05-02-2002 06:19 PM

T2X THANK YOU FOR THE P.S.

T2x 05-02-2002 06:20 PM

You're welcome..................;)

T2x 05-02-2002 06:47 PM

Fever Mike:

Don't forget BK and Ron Hill.......... oops...was I there too? I forget.

T2x

cigarette1 05-02-2002 07:07 PM

.... and I was there too

I am the one who lead everyone to OSO ... the original OSO.

T2x 05-02-2002 07:12 PM

Nasty Midget!!!!!!!!!! Heavens no!....... I can spell.

T2x

Dredgeking 05-02-2002 07:56 PM

Mike C,

I don't think it's getting out of hand. I just don't want this board to create some huge negative feelings which will discourage newbies, myself included, from participating. the board is a HUGE resource for new people entering the boating and racing world. i have learned a lot from many on the board. what to do and what not to do. if we can keep things civil with the occassional ball bustin, then we don't diminish the intent of the board. hell, everyone needs their balls busted once in a while to keep them i check. sorry ladies, we'll figure something out for you.

ScreaminDemon 05-02-2002 08:07 PM

T2X - so what would it take to develop a "REAL" (or proper) racing association that does what is needed for this sport? your ideas and opinions are the direction that is needed...so what do we do, no kidding, what is needed? i know money is one thing, but what is the other steps to a better organization? please elaborate.

cigarette1 05-02-2002 08:20 PM

Instead of trying to compare Offshore Racing with NECKCAR, I think SCCA would be closer. A zillion classes but only a few premier classes ...

IMHO, APBA should promote a large Super Class with limited BIG power(if only Cats are competitive, so be it) and the Factory II class(popularity). Keep all the other classes running as support races, but focus the media on the two premier classes. (Well, maybe a separate BIG power V class)

From a fan who has been losing interest over the past few years.

cigarette1 05-02-2002 08:57 PM

It's like sitting down to watch a Ball game on Sports Center:rolleyes: You get a bunch of highlights :confused:

Shane 05-02-2002 09:11 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Just a thought on television.

The television coverage is really boring. Hell, I've loved boats for over 45 years and even I have a hard time watching it. The race portions are chopped up and you only see a small samplng of the races. Extreme boredom.

The only reason I watch at all is I'm in love with the hardware. The hulls, the motors and the rest.

Somehow, I think the essence of racing is simply not being captured.

I'd like to see the coverage be limited to a couple of the premier classes and be more comprehensive.

I couldn't agree more Fred! Except, I have NOT been around this earth for 45 years let alone boats. Yup, the name fits...Too Old!:p :p ;) ;) Just kidding bud. See you at Skaterfest?