Maybe I understand TX2 position more that it appears. But maybe I am not explaining myself sufficiently.
1) Don't talk about replacing the leaders. I don't think anyone could run SBI like Carbonel. His is not a club, but a personal venture. Who would take his place and have the connections he has? APBA-Offshore is a privately held company, only the board of directors will determine the leader.
2) Trying to start a new group for Offshore is ludicrous. All it does is splinter the sport.
3) Lets talk about things that will increase the sponsorship for teams, racing parity, and get more people into affordable racing.
Now, things we should discuss and can change:
1) If you watch the races from the beach, what do you like/dislike? What would you like to see different?
2) If you watch from a boat, what do you like/dislike?
3) If you want to race, what things are keeping you from racing?
I'll answer these from my perspective.
1) If you watch from the beach, there should be ample parking and a lot of race items intertwined with the viewing public. Dayona was GREAT. An addition to this might be to have some signs out showing what radio station was broadcasting the race. Also additions are to have some race teams having their boats and tents set up along the beach for the public to see/talk to the racers.
2) Watching from a boat is great, but it would be nice to be able to pull up to a vendor for t-shirts, posters, etc. Also it would be nice to have a map available for local ramps, charges, ets. Ft. Meyers ramps charged around $30 to launch and $10 to park. A scheule of recommended ramps with charges and amenities would be nice.
3) What keeps me from racing? Other than my schedule crunch and finishing my MBA, it is the cost of racing with the present formats. So instead of racing, I help friends out when I can.