Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23442-better-sbi-miami-apba-daytona.html)

T2x 05-06-2002 11:13 AM

I'm confused..... If there are no wrong answers...Does that mean any and every answer is right?

T2x

Boat Girl 05-06-2002 11:44 AM

Hey Mike C. Stop by registration and ask for Boat Girl...I'll be there...The SBI ladies will be more than happy to say hello...Also, we are trying to get OSOer together...Possibly at a place called Jimmy's Roadhouse...Stay tuned...

Boat Girl 05-06-2002 12:14 PM

Mike...Oh...I will probably miss you because I will be on course...I will be scoring the race...what time will you be arriving...

Kent Perroux 05-06-2002 12:16 PM

TX2 - Bodyshot,

If you run a business, there are many times that a stockholder may also hold stock in a major supplier for that company. As long as this is known, above board, and the stockholder does not have direct control of the contracts to the supplier, this is not considered a conflift of interest.

I don't remember the complete list of Stockholders of the APBA-LLC, but lets look at each I remember:

Mike Allweiss: Does not race. I think he drove a couple of Local Class boats last year, but he does not actively compete.

Nigel Hook: He races actively in SuperVee, but how many races has he won? I'd have to go back and check, but I think I only remember 1.

Forrest Barber: He no longer races Offshore.

Mark Nemshoff: Races actively in Supercat, but I don't remember too many races he actually won in the last couple of years. If he owned "Drambui on Ice", I could see your point.

Now, if you have concerns with a stockholder racing,(who should be interested in the return on his investment in the company as opposed to a return in racing), why don't you have concerns about the title sponsor racing? I am not saying this is bad, just that the title sponsor has a significantly stronger position to negotiate rules, and a significantly higher interest in having his boats win during his sponsorship; Especially if he/she is sponsoring the entire years series.

Just food for thought.

Treadwellmotorsports 05-06-2002 12:50 PM

ok people,

one of the things that got this thread going was boat girl. she know's i love her so don't take it to personally. but she was complaing about certain things and how people make themselfves availble or unavailable. boat girl was also trying to say things from a fan's point of view.

well my opinion is her opinions are moot because she is active in the sbi orginization. therefore being active in the orginization gives you better acess to the player's. not being active in the apba orginization put's her back to the normal distance most people would be.

so it would be easy for her to say the sbi folks are more friendly because the racers see her at every event helping out. wich is not a problem what so ever. you want to score for apba you would be more them welcome.

i know that i suck at writing sometimes but i hope you see my point. it's kinda like the mcdonalds employee is exempt from any games they run because he works there.

Treadwell

JFM311 05-06-2002 03:05 PM

think the hot-tub had anything to do with it? :eek:

Treadwellmotorsports 05-06-2002 03:12 PM

well the hot tub woulda worked for me. when is it my turn baby

Treadewll

Boat Girl 05-06-2002 05:24 PM

You know, I knew I should have left that part of the story out... jeez, Tread...ya think... :p :rolleyes:

deepvcatss12 05-06-2002 06:01 PM

You did it now BG .the next apba race you go to thay all will be talking to you . after all how much time can one spend on there motor polishing there seals.
LA

blueamerican 05-06-2002 07:41 PM

This debate will go on forever, but for my$.02, APBA always draws more boats, SBI is even more political than APBA, and yes when it comes to $$$ politics always rears its ugly head. There are too many classes, they both need to consolidate. The factory class idea was great, but there are too many P classes. If you really want to race, pick something easy, instead of expanding P class to 1-5 etc. APBA Limited hydros & flat bottom racing went through this years ago, and have now consolidated to eight classes, which it makes it a little more sensible to the spectator. It is a shame that Atlantic City was cancelled, because of location, a "real ocean" ask anyone who raced her in the 80's or 90's, there would have been well over 100 boats. Even in the big apple, what does SBI draw? 35? APBA is still number one, its just a shame that SBI & APBA can't join forces, then we would really see who is the fastest in some of the classes.