Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Notices

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Old 05-06-2002, 11:13 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm confused..... If there are no wrong answers...Does that mean any and every answer is right?

T2x
Old 05-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Boat Girl

Hey Mike C. Stop by registration and ask for Boat Girl...I'll be there...The SBI ladies will be more than happy to say hello...Also, we are trying to get OSOer together...Possibly at a place called Jimmy's Roadhouse...Stay tuned...

Old 05-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Boat Girl

Mike...Oh...I will probably miss you because I will be on course...I will be scoring the race...what time will you be arriving...

Old 05-06-2002, 12:16 PM
Kent Perroux

TX2 - Bodyshot,

If you run a business, there are many times that a stockholder may also hold stock in a major supplier for that company. As long as this is known, above board, and the stockholder does not have direct control of the contracts to the supplier, this is not considered a conflift of interest.

I don't remember the complete list of Stockholders of the APBA-LLC, but lets look at each I remember:

Mike Allweiss: Does not race. I think he drove a couple of Local Class boats last year, but he does not actively compete.

Nigel Hook: He races actively in SuperVee, but how many races has he won? I'd have to go back and check, but I think I only remember 1.

Forrest Barber: He no longer races Offshore.

Mark Nemshoff: Races actively in Supercat, but I don't remember too many races he actually won in the last couple of years. If he owned "Drambui on Ice", I could see your point.

Now, if you have concerns with a stockholder racing,(who should be interested in the return on his investment in the company as opposed to a return in racing), why don't you have concerns about the title sponsor racing? I am not saying this is bad, just that the title sponsor has a significantly stronger position to negotiate rules, and a significantly higher interest in having his boats win during his sponsorship; Especially if he/she is sponsoring the entire years series.

Just food for thought.

Old 05-06-2002, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok people,

one of the things that got this thread going was boat girl. she know's i love her so don't take it to personally. but she was complaing about certain things and how people make themselfves availble or unavailable. boat girl was also trying to say things from a fan's point of view.

well my opinion is her opinions are moot because she is active in the sbi orginization. therefore being active in the orginization gives you better acess to the player's. not being active in the apba orginization put's her back to the normal distance most people would be.

so it would be easy for her to say the sbi folks are more friendly because the racers see her at every event helping out. wich is not a problem what so ever. you want to score for apba you would be more them welcome.

i know that i suck at writing sometimes but i hope you see my point. it's kinda like the mcdonalds employee is exempt from any games they run because he works there.

Treadwell
Old 05-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think the hot-tub had anything to do with it?
Old 05-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the hot tub woulda worked for me. when is it my turn baby

Treadewll
Old 05-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Boat Girl

You know, I knew I should have left that part of the story out... jeez, Tread...ya think...

Old 05-06-2002, 06:01 PM
deepvcatss12

You did it now BG .the next apba race you go to thay all will be talking to you . after all how much time can one spend on there motor polishing there seals.
LA

Old 05-06-2002, 07:41 PM
Charter/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This debate will go on forever, but for my$.02, APBA always draws more boats, SBI is even more political than APBA, and yes when it comes to $$$ politics always rears its ugly head. There are too many classes, they both need to consolidate. The factory class idea was great, but there are too many P classes. If you really want to race, pick something easy, instead of expanding P class to 1-5 etc. APBA Limited hydros & flat bottom racing went through this years ago, and have now consolidated to eight classes, which it makes it a little more sensible to the spectator. It is a shame that Atlantic City was cancelled, because of location, a "real ocean" ask anyone who raced her in the 80's or 90's, there would have been well over 100 boats. Even in the big apple, what does SBI draw? 35? APBA is still number one, its just a shame that SBI & APBA can't join forces, then we would really see who is the fastest in some of the classes.

Quick Reply: Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.