Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona >

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Notices

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Old 05-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Boat Girl

JFM- I am not sure who, it was just weird, as far as the organization, I didnt even really see anybody from or meet anybody from the organization, I'm just saying it just felt weird...As far a venue, I am not a real big fan of daytona except for the 500,,,Sorry

Old 05-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

actually i really enjoyed the miami sbi race. some of those boats and equipment they are running are unreal. just seems apba gets more pr and more people come to watch the events, but thats not saying that both organizations don't put on great races. i love them both
Old 05-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Registered

I'll tell you BG, i talked and smiled at every person that even came remotely near the boat. With a three man crew you don't have a lot of time, but we always tried to make the time to visit and answer questions. Not ONE person from OSO came over and said "Hi, i feel i know you from the Board." That is what i say when i can, but i don't know how to identify the members. I just developed a private complex...figured i had BS'd one too many time on the Board and was being avoided!

Don't take offense where none is intended. Everyone is always welcome to stop by Critical Lift, get out of the sun and have a water or soda...we always have plenty in the cooler plugged into the dually.

Ted
Old 05-01-2002, 04:00 PM
Boat Girl

Ted, I am sorry I forgot to mention the Critical Lift guys as being great, I mentioned Gary...and just assumed everyone knew that was Critical Lift...Sorry my bad...

Hey, Goodfella asked, and you guys are right its the same old thing I was just being honest, and now I am getting beat up over it, I guess if I have an opinion that differs, I should just keep it to myself...

Old 05-01-2002, 04:14 PM
plumbgirl87

Boat Girl, I'm with you. Everytime I post my opinion they do the same to me. What ever happened to FREE SPEACH?

Old 05-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

You've spoken...and it didn't cost a cent!

j/k
Old 05-01-2002, 04:22 PM
Registered

We are running a special on "Free Speach" today ..... 2 for the price of one..We are all about the 1st Amend..... speak on RG !! and PG

we meaning my lucious other half and myself...
Old 05-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

i also attended both races, Both disappointed me with the fact they did not have event t-shirts, and the one down south wanted $10 for last years poster. as for the racing both venues had awesome boats, and it is good to run into friends at both sites. most people on sobe didnt even know what was going on. now the answer which one was better? i say a tie, why, because its powerboat racing and its the sport i have a passion for as should all who visit the board. wether it is sbi or apba or hydroprop i dont care.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

Pete you did bring up a good point...... I have wondered at a few events as to the lack of merchandise for sale...speaking for myself.... I buy that sh*& up...and am always looking for dif stuff to buy ..
Old 05-01-2002, 06:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

As long as there are two sanctioning bodies the overall sport will be divided/diluted and no event can honestly claim World or National championship status....... More like National championship of guys with the same race organization decal as me.

What this has disintegrated into is an endless war of words that started in 1987 when OPT (went bankrupt ..became SBR.....went bankrupt ...became SBI....yeah really!....you can't make this stuff up) was formed.....15 ...count 'em .....FIFTEEN wasted years ago.

Meanwhile the opposing sides have developed "fans"..... who haven't experienced the other group, seen a real boat race, nor looked back at what the sport was before the "split". Put your silly "loyalties" back in the basement and wake up to the fact that without a single, unified organization......Offshore will always be playing in the sand (somewhat dirty in Daytona per BG). We have managed to take a marvelous sport with wonderful excitement and turn it into a bad remake (with corporate types wearing the dreaded monogrammed golf shirt) of Westside Story....... When you're a Jet..... This "crips' and "bloods" mindset is bad enough when played out by adolescent ignorami...but when professional adults adopt this "me ,mine and us against them" B.S. it is downright sickening.

If you REALLY care about your sport...... put your pressure (whining) on both groups to unify and quit their self serving crap. If that can't be done with current "leadership"( and I use the term loosely) ...than get new leadership.... real leadership..... For specific examples look in the encyclopedia under ...David, Steve......While you're at it look up competition...... as in many boats in VERY few classes capable of winning on an even playing field. There are other topics that will be helpful in your search as well...like integrity, honesty, and team building.

While your doing this, I'll be having a non political/not for profit ball at Skaterfest with the other "obsolete" folks.

T2x................

Report this post to a moderator |

Last edited by T2x; 05-01-2002 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.