Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23442-better-sbi-miami-apba-daytona.html)

Porkcp4102 05-01-2002 07:09 PM

Start with the basics........

Maybe APBA could attract spectators by telling some
information about the Racers in their flyer. If spectators
like the races they can choose to learn more about APBA
or SBI

1.) Radio coverage was great, how about a TV spot.

2. ) Park a few boats outside the Speedway to draw a crowd.
(Like at Bike Weeks)

3.) Have a PA system on the pier.

4.) Let potential fans know the basics like parade lap and
orange smoke.

5.) Advertise about the new parking garage accross from Adams
Mark.

6.) Tell about different classes and possible speeds.

So many people that just happened to be at the beach were
very :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
APBA and SBIP could grow their fan base by offering appearances
before the races, maybe Thur or Fri nights.

Just my .02. They both do a good job with what they have to
work with..............

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 07:35 PM

boy's and girls,

first of all there was a pa system at the pier. martin sandborn was on the radio live at the pier. while i will agree some things are hard to find and could be made easier, but you all ask for it wright away. mike allweiss has only had the reins for three years.give the man a brake. he's done more in three years then anybody has done in the last fifty. if we were to all chip in and give support it would go a lot easier.

apba vs sbi well i would have to say apba is it. they draw more boats and are more proffesional. carbonell is just holding on to his last strings. his nationals are no bigger then our divisional races.

as per being more friendlyer, of course if there is only 20 or 30 boats at a race and it's the same guy's over and over it's easier to become freinds and does lend to a friendler atmosphere.but once you get to a certain level it's hard to maintain that atmosphere because we are on the virge making monay at a race and working our butt's off and not having much time to talk. you can't just walk up to any nascar guy's can you. no it's at certain times of the day. bottom line is we asked for tighter rules, more money, proffesionalism, more boats to race, and tons of other stuff. now we got it and all you people can do is *****

Treadwell

P.S.

and from a racer's point of veiw when you have to race the next day and you are knee deep in your engine compartment it is very hard to say hi to all of the fan's, but please relise we don't do it on purpose. we try as hard as we can but untill the sport can pay us a little more we have to do most of our own work.

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 07:47 PM

tx2

why don't you stop talking about what is done. stop dredging up the past pick a side a go with it. don't any of you realize mike allweis has offered carbonell and us offshore a thousand times to unify and they did not. so go whine to the people who woulden't bend. us offshore died and so will sbi eventually with only 20 - 30 boats everbody cheatin and you need a large pocketbook. everbody will eventually switch or quit.

don't get me wrong i started with us offhore and carbonell. they were it ten years ago. now they have lost there way, and are paying for it. the only way to win sbi is to cheat, or buy your own class. there's no competition there. plus safty. that alone would make me run apba. runing around a course with 150mph boats passing a 60 mph noway not safe.

Treadwell

snglestack 05-01-2002 08:04 PM

t2x stay at skeeter fest you wont be missed by apba or sbi maybe you should invite treadwell you seem like you two would make a good couple:p :p :p :p

snglestack 05-01-2002 08:13 PM

t2x have fun at skeeter fest thats the only place left for you to go:confused:

dangerkitty2 05-01-2002 08:39 PM

TREADWELL

NOPE, no PA system at the END of the pier for the general public. It would cost $50 to go upstairs to hear the officials PA. :confused:

Jeff 05-01-2002 08:54 PM

Dangerkitty, It was nice to see you and Glenn Friday night. We had hoped you guys would have come by my room to watch the races. Sanbourn does a nice job, he was on one of the local FM stations. Jeff

Boat Girl 05-01-2002 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
[B]
as per being more friendlyer, of course if there is only 20 or 30 boats at a race and it's the same guy's over and over it's easier to become freinds and does lend to a friendler atmosphere.but once you get to a certain level it's hard to maintain that atmosphere because we are on the virge making monay at a race and working our butt's off and not having much time to talk. you can't just walk up to any nascar guy's can you. no it's at certain times of the day. bottom line is we asked for tighter rules, more money, proffesionalism, more boats to race, and tons of other stuff. now we got it and all you people can do is *****

Treadwell

I grew up around auto racing, from the local Sat. night tracks to the big NASCAR venues, I remember Ray when he was called Hollywood racing an open wheel modified #19, and when Tommy Baldwin was a teen watching his Dad race...he still hasnt changed, but yes you can walk up to any NASCAR guy and say hello, they make time or try to, that is one of the reasons NASCAR is so successful, accessability...I understand that there is a lot of work to do and most if not all teams do their own work, but it wasnt like I was walking around at the height of activity...people were just hanging out watching the Monster Truck thing going on at the track...I am not saying people were unfriendly, it was just a very different atmosphere...I'm not saying it was a totally bad weekend, I did learn a lot, and I did get to meet some new people...But it is a totally different atmosphere...

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 09:07 PM

sorry i was upstairs. thought the pa went downstairs to. next time give me a ring and i will get you upstairs.

Treadwell

dangerkitty2 05-01-2002 09:29 PM

TREADWELL: COOL!!!!! What is your number??

It was just a beautiful weekend to be out doors,(even though the seas were rough on SAT). We had a great time but we usually bring our own fun!!!!!! :p