Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona >

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Notices

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Old 05-02-2002, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think to a degree were just bustin ball's dave.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got To Love It!

Just do the numbers! I was an SBI fan till they started getting smaller and smaller, I helped out in a Point Pleasant in the rain and I counted the boats and the fans. I knew at that point SBI is in trouble, Point Pleasant is the Grandfather of all Offshore Racing and it went from being the best to being the worst with division races (Local Boats) The old days 100 boats plus! Today 25 boats 20+ of them being Local everyday boats! I will still go to the races no matter who is racing, SBI or APBA but there is the proof!
Old 05-02-2002, 06:54 AM
Registered

Chuck you are very funny!

There are differing corporate models for the two organizations. Attributing bad intentions to either of the heads of the companies is silly...each does what they feel is right for their group. Not many people running major presenting organizations are universally loved.

This thread gives me an idea that other racers might like. I think we will do a small banner that says "We love our fans. Please stop and ask if you have any questions." Ted, Michael, Jim

Or something like that. Anything that makes us seem more friendly and approachable. I'm sure there might be better wording. Suggestions?

Ted
Old 05-02-2002, 07:35 AM
snglestack

treadwell get a life and get your count straight

Old 05-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Eric,

I wonder who would have won in a rough water (Pt. Pleasant) race..your Formula our our Outerlimits??!! (P.S. the answer may lie in your next boat)!!!!! LOL!

I agree, rough water is the great equalizer!!

Dave P. Can I come, Can I come....please!!! can I get on the VIP list!!!

Marcus Z.

F2-07
Old 05-02-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Treadwell,
I think you said that you won the worlds with a boat the same speed as Dave's??? Have you won a race since Teague stopped building your engines and the CRE started.
Just wondering.
Brett
PS Dave who bought your boat and are they going to race.
I went to both races and had fun even though it was weird watching instead of racing.
I HOPE BOTH ORGANIZATIONS PROSPER!!!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 09:21 AM
snglestack

too old sorry about that sbi had 40 boats apba had54 eric is eric what more can be said

Old 05-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

waterspeed,

it would be a good race but most likley we know what boat would cross the line first. there is only so much a person can do.

as to the teague question, yes i have won races without teague motors. actually last year found more speed in the boat but it was just a bad year for gremlins. seemed to me the more speed i got the more outa contro the boat became. started to crash to much. ( time to switch )

as to my count i was not qouting anybody so i could be off a boat or two.

Treadwell
Old 05-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Hi everyone!

Well, if you take a moment (BEFORE YOU GO TO LACE) and look at all the bickering and name calling etc.. You will see why Poker Runs have become so POPULAR! I used to race, and as much as I LOVE the competition, the excitement and the fans, the rewards of a Poker Run are much greater. In my opinion. I am of the beleif that racing needs a unified sanctioning body and until that happens, given the various personalities and ego's, bickering will always be there. It sucks, but it is the truth. I went to a few races since I "retired" from racing and they are definitely more exciting as a racer. I hope for the sake of the sport that a unified organization can be had and that a TRULY EQUAL playing field may be established. As we all like to make analogies to NASCAR, look at the IRL/CART deal. Since IRL spun off on its own, the sport never had the fan base it used to. The only real tie together is THE INDY 500. Sad but true. Maybe C_Spray can add a bit here for us. Anyway, thanks for reading this and good to all racers and poker runners for a safe and trouble free season.

Shane
Old 05-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

well i can't say for sbi because i wasn't there. i assume you are counting registered boats for the race, instead who actually started. if thats the case apba had 73 registered boats. only 66 took the green flag. a few boats broke the day before testing, and some people scracthed. as far as i was told only 27 sbi boats took green flag. if there were forty registered i don't know.

sooooooooooo get your numbers straight

Treadewll

Quick Reply: Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.