Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23442-better-sbi-miami-apba-daytona.html)

T2x 05-02-2002 12:25 PM

Rtaylor: see post for Skaterfest or look under OSO events, or somebody better at this than me will put the link on this thread.

Marcus: We'll use your boat..... I'm not risking mine out there with 200 other critters in the Hudson...By the way are you coming to Skaterfest too?

Ted: You can fix the TV easily...Producer's name is Bob Kramer out of Atlanta...Does "World of Outlaws" stuff etc. Used to do APBA with Gene Whipp, but even he can't create anything watchable out of more than 2 ...count 'em...TWO classes. As long as PX-1 thru 8 , and Factory 1 through infinity, and Super Zoom lite (and heavy?), and Experimental Left Handed Turbine...are all on a show...All you'll get is crap...... The personalities and drama come naturally when you're looking at a simple format. You don't have to "fake it". As to the WWF fans, they're fine but you really want diehard motor racing viewers who appreciate the skills and dedication required to win at a high level........ They tend to buy sponsors products and are older than a lot (not all) of wrestling fans.

Chris Reindl/Treadwell:....... You're both relatively new at this, and full of hope.........we've been "Almost there" and "Just around the corner" for thirty years..... I will admit the website's are looking better...everything else is "Old Wine in New Bottles".... with the possible exception of a few lawyers and dreaded corporate types in logo'd golf shirts ....... the true bane of civilization..... after Al Qaeda.

T2x

Ron P 05-02-2002 12:50 PM

Skaterfest

audacity 05-02-2002 01:31 PM

T2x,,,you sound like the old timers that I work with here at ford....they always have all the ideas on why it won't work.....I think Chris has a great new approach to the sport and is working very hard to see that his momentum continues. and then there's Tread!!!LOL....he was there when f2 racing exploded....He's one of the names that comes to mind when f2 racing is even mentioned...as is Virgin and Utz! My point is i could care lees if they both only has 3 races between them (THEY DON'T),,,don't discount them due to time....i think there results speak for themselves very well...

you will never hear me speak in a derogatory manner toward a race organization and then see me racing in the next weekend....would love to see either or both organizations grow stronger in the public eye....I think all boaters would?

joey
f2-80
"don't tell me....show me!"....JAS

ScreaminDemon 05-02-2002 01:33 PM

audacity...T2x is RIGHT ON the money! you are not reading "WHAT" he is writing! he is offering his viewpoint as a solution and has had the best seat in the house for many years and i beleive his opinion should be taken seriously...you on the other hand are new to this sport, so sit back and learn. every year we all hear that it's getting better, but it hasn't, not one bit. it is way too confusing and has gone backwards.

Treadwellmotorsports 05-02-2002 01:42 PM

t2x,

i know to a degree were just having fun on the board . but is that how you really see it. i have been on the circuit for eleven years now. there have been some low spots along the way but i believe we are headed in the right direction. if not honestley tell me when it was better. prior to me racing you had a group of millionares running around in the ocean. the only tv they got was bought by them. so mabye i am missing somthing. back in the late eighties when it was starting to get popular you just had guy's burning exess money.

now we have true sponsored events, sponsored boats, and every year the tv gets better. and just for your information the tv was broken doen this year. there will be four seperate hours of racing with two classes per hour showed at diffrent times.

IT IS GETTING BETTER. THEY ARE LISTING. THEY ARE CHANGING. PUTTING UP THE POST YOU DO JUST DON'T HELP ANY. IF YOU TRULY WANT TO SEE THE SPORT GO AHEAD THEN YOU SHOULD BE COMMENDING THE PEOPLE. THE FACT THAT SBI IS STILL AROUND WILL MAKE US WANT TO BUILD IT QUIKER, BETTER AND BE # 1. IT CAN ONLY HELP.

TREADWELL

ScreaminDemon 05-02-2002 01:51 PM

Treadwellmotorsports - offshore racing was much better in the late 70's and early 80's. they ran the boats in real offshore conditions, not todays smooth water circles. no there wasn't much coverage back then, but bringing it in close to shore doesn't do anything either...can't tell who's who or what's what. so go back offshore with todays coverage and we'll have much more excitement on tv.

Reindl Powerboats 05-02-2002 01:57 PM

I am certainly still a rookie in the arena, but I have been around since the APBA became the LLC, and I have only seen upward momentum. Now owning seven race boats, we certainly would not have invested what we have if we did not think they were headed in the right direction. Neither would our banks. Just my thoughts, and I have been to every race the past few years. I would rather be moving forward than standing still. And anyone who has been to all the races, could certainly see they are getting better every time.
Chris

audacity 05-02-2002 02:00 PM

ScreaminDemon....do you still race??

funny the old timers said the same thing to me here at ford...they now work for me! LOL

Tread is right on,,,on his last post!

SD..."maybe we sould stay at the back and see how it's done?? or maybe be at the front and show them how it's done!!!" JAS

"rules are for those that are not willing to make their own!!" chuck yager

joey
f2-80

audacity 05-02-2002 02:02 PM

ahhhh...Chris....showing how it's done.....not telling us how it's done!!!LOL

way to go!

ScreaminDemon 05-02-2002 02:06 PM

Reindl Powerboats - and Al Copeland wouldn't have bought Brown's Chicken if he thought it would be a problem!

audacity - you're funny and clueless!