If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Questions about these headers w/pic

I apologize for the previous thread just trying to get as much info before purchasing.

I would be buying these for the Baja with 454's. Bolting up shouldn't be a problem, but I'm new to this and wondering what else I will have to buy to make these work for my boat. Risers, different exhaust pipe, etc. Or will my previous pipe work just clamping the boot thats right now hooked to the manifold to the header.

My second question is my friend said these are the old cmi's and to stay clear of them due to reversion. Is this a concern? Can it be fixed to make it right with no worries or should I just pass.

Thanks for all the help guys

Blaine, TN
    Check those Very, Very Carefully around the weld where the tubes are welded to the Flange that bolts to the Head. they Crack there ALOT, Look at the inner pipe in the same area-Its the one that cracks more. If reversion isn't a problem a cracked water jacket will kill your motor (while you sleep ) thats why their new design(s) don't have both inner & outer pipes join at the flange like that anymore. the newer ones have Cool Collars to cool that area more to minimze cracking.