Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attn. Fl Boaters, espeically Lee County boaters (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23452-attn-fl-boaters-espeically-lee-county-boaters.html)

Steve 1 05-06-2002 06:58 PM

Crash like wow man Take another hit on the Bong..

Here is My problem . Since It did not crawl out of Primordial Florida mud!!! It Must be an interloper.
indigenous
: originating where it is found; "the autochthonal fauna of Australia includes the kangaroo"; "autochthonous rocks and people and folktales"; "endemic folkways"; "the Ainu are indigenous to the northernmost islands of Japan" [syn: autochthonal, autochthonic, autochthonous, endemic]

Now The bones you were refering to were rib bone parts from an Dugong.But since it is a sirenia the tree huggers figured close enough,SoThey see fit to streach the truth a Bit!!

The Florida Manatee is a subspecies of the West Indian manatee Right !! not vise versa ?? Right Mr Expert ???

Now About the Friendly Glaciation the most recent period, which began about 1.5 million years ago and ended (or at least subsided) within the last 15,000 years.Crash wow!! all of your dears were very extinct during this period around florida..

Now !! Have you ever seen One in the wild ??

Probability would be low that any exist in Lake Michigan!

Crash hate to burst your bubble but people do eat the things, The meat is pink, As you Know being Mr. Expert and all Whiter the Meat the better ,the dark blood color is least desired Pink is very good ..Reports are: Tastes like Pork,some say Chicken then others say Beef..Its all on the Internet go look!

Closing rebuttal: Creditability Well Crash See one looses that thru Insults and you are way way down in that area.

:p :p

supercrash 05-06-2002 08:49 PM

steve...you fail to see that the fossils dated to 45 million years ago was from a Dugong and it is impossible for the same creature to be around today because evolution has slightly changed the animal...Today we get the manatee...Your PRIMATE ancestors didn't quite look like you do today...Why don't you go eat your dog or some other endangered animal

Steve 1 05-06-2002 09:17 PM

Rash your ignorance is mind boggling,and for a claimed to be Manatee Expert that is a real no, no.Look Mr. Expert it was around that time that the creature stopped walking on land and became aquatic, now Who did the alleged bones come from? A walking Dugong, or a swimming Dugong, or walking talking swimming purple with white polka dots Dugong??

Also you never answered my question Have you ever seen a Manatee in the wild??

Also more credibility just went with that last attempt at Insult
:p :p :p :p :p :p

Dean Ferry 05-07-2002 08:16 AM

This a letter in the editorial section of our local tree-hugging newspaper today!:mad:

Manatee numbers are increasing
By Bill Case Merritt Island

Since 1975, I have lived on the Girard Canal off the Banana River south of Kelly Park.

Recently, I have been seeing as many as five manatees at a time in our canal, and I see pairs or trios every day.

When I first moved here and for many years thereafter, a manatee was a rare visitor.

As a frequent boater, I seldom saw them in the Banana River.

I have given up boating, partially as a result of waterway restrictions.

The population of manatees obviously is growing rapidly, and as a consequence their injuries should be expected to increase.

But they are not.

Has anyone studied the damage done to the grass flats by manatees?

Has anyone studied the consequences of the large amounts of manatee waste deposited in the lagoon?

Boaters should have some rights, even if they are in the minority.

The Save the Manatee Club places manatees on a higher level than the human/boater population of the area.

No boater wants to hit or kill manatees, and they are cautious when aware of their presence.

Have a nice day!
:cool:
MD

PS Steve 1, I sent you a PM.