Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2010 Jammin James... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/234537-2010-jammin-james.html)

Karaokemike 07-12-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3156462)
The person shooting the video knows Stampede has been there and knows that 90 degreee turn doesn't require but so much slowing down.....but the new guys in the cats had never been there and didn't know what to think when looking at nothing but trees just past the cameras location. Stampede jumped what was planned to be a pace boat, then everyone decided to go too. I know the gold/purple MTI owner who claimed he was running roughly 130 in the area this vid was taken........and was 7th. Note the acceleration of that 388 coming across the screen much faster than the rest, that thing has got to be scary fast!!!

Ted and Myself were on the Gold and Purple MTI and yes right around 130 in that area. We ran out of prop then lifted but both 388 Skaters were rolling by us.

anchor 07-12-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3156455)
This is a cut-n-paste of the answer I got when inquiring about the cat you see in the video going to catch Stampede:

Anchor Marina's new Skater 388 Widebody with 1500 Sterlings ruled the roost on the water. Piloted by Matt Trainer

The engines have 3 power settings. 1,100 HP, 1,400 Hp and 1,500 HP.
at 1,100 they can run on 93 octane.
1,400 HP required 106 octane
1,500 requires 113 or above.

They took delivery of 1,000 gallons of 106 octane when the boat first arrived and they've been breaking in the engines on 106 octane.

They reached 172 mph last week with about 1,000 rpm left to go running on 106 octane.

They're confident that boat will run a little over 205 MPH on 113 octane.

Engines are 1400 HP on 110 race fuel.
we have had it up to 172.
Not sure how much is left.
I do not think 205 is possible.....would not even try if it was
We are very happy with the boat, but still trying to get familiar with it.
Had a great time on the run....what a great bunch of people.

NautibyNature 07-12-2010 03:10 PM

Saratoga was at the mouth of the Chickahominy 3 minutes before anyone else. What is that 15 or 20 miles from Jordan Point?

LESSONLEARNED 07-12-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by anchor (Post 3156496)

205 or not, either way its a nice piece... Any pics of it you can post from this weekend or past...???

Ted G 07-12-2010 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3156483)
Good point, note the officers of the club make no mention of fastest boat or first boat PERIOD!

(besides, this video was at the start, not the FINISH!!)

Correct, we were "second" to the Pagan and let the pace boat come around us cause we knew nothing about the local waters

Originally Posted by Karaokemike (Post 3156487)
Ted and Myself were on the Gold and Purple MTI and yes right around 130 in that area. We ran out of prop then lifted but both 388 Skaters were rolling by us.

Well, technically we were on the silver/blue/purple MTI 44 PR and I think he was talking about the flamed 39 (very cool boat)

Originally Posted by anchor (Post 3156496)
Engines are 1400 HP on 110 race fuel.
we have had it up to 172.
Not sure how much is left.
I do not think 205 is possible....I wish Jeff had not posted that because it is not true and we never said it.

Your boat is beautiful and runs phenomenally well, you guys were hauling the mail when you broke out with PP, it was a cool thing to see. Hope we see you one the Chesapeake sometime soon.

Originally Posted by NautibyNature (Post 3156502)
Saratoga was at the mouth of the Chickahominy 3 minutes before anyone else. What is that 15 or 20 miles from Jordan Point?

After he shot off in front everyone else just backed off and ran at about 100 with the pace boat, he knew where he was going. SS told us at lunch he backed off too after he saw no one come up. He has done the run before so was confident enough to stay out there, and make no mistake, that boat runs great, it was very impressive.

GWcpa 07-12-2010 03:35 PM

I'd have a hard time sleeping at night if I left that boat tied to the docks overnight. Have to sleep on and make sure not one got near it or a thru hull sprung a leak.

anchor 07-12-2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by LESSONLEARNED (Post 3156517)
205 or not, either way its a nice piece... Any pics of it you can post from this weekend or past...???

Thank you very much....I did not get many pics from the weekend, every time I tried to take one I had a beer in both hands ( after the run was finished and the boat was tied up).

LESSONLEARNED 07-12-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by anchor (Post 3156526)
Thank you very much....I did not get many pics from the weekend, every time I tried to take one I had a beer in both hands ( after the run was finished and the boat was tied up).

I totally understand, everything my eyes have seen has to told in story if nobody else caught a pic do to me having a RedBull Vodka in each hand as well...

Good luck and be safe with that Beautiful Machine...

SOX 07-12-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by anchor (Post 3156526)

Nice work Matt!! The boat pulled like crazy in the vid!!!

Spicy 07-12-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by LESSONLEARNED (Post 3156481)
Very Nice, please post any others you have...

Last Year I took some 300 pictures with the Camera, this year I took one with my Blackberry and your looking at it...

Very Nice Boat and I hope to see it on the Chesapeake soon.

Thanks Pat