Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Going to LOTO for first time questions? >

Going to LOTO for first time questions?

Notices

Going to LOTO for first time questions?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to LOTO for first time questions?

A group of us from Nashville is headed to the Shootout this year for our first time. Is there anything special we should know?

We have heard they are tuff on noise and we also have heard they are kind of lax on noise during the shootout. Which is it?

Are there any other local rules that are different than alot of other places?

Someone has said there was as speed limit at night but i have heard from 35 to 55 MPH. Anybody know which it is?

We will be arriving on Wednesday. We are planning on doing poker run of Friday. Is there any other must see or do's?

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Allen
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

The MSWP should not bother you the weekend of the Shootout if your boat is not legal in terms of noise. They will bother you, however, if you do not have current registration, are not observing no-wake areas, have passengers sitting on the sunpad while underway, have a boat load of drunken idiots, etc. Common sense and courtesy. The speed limit after dusk is 30 MPH. Friday night at Dog Day's is a must. Always have a DD behind the wheel on the water. Most importantly, enjoy the lake!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Yes they are serious about sitting on the sunpad even at idle with your feet on the back seat.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Yes they are serious about sitting on the sunpad even at idle with your feet on the back seat.
Yep. You can have your kids hang their feet off the bow at 45mph cruising down the main channel rough as hell as long as the rail is 18" high but can't sit on the sunpad at idle.

Now figure that one out.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Don't forget Skaterfest which is the same weekend as the Shoot-out! We got 37 Skaters signed up already...should be quite a show... Not to mention the powerboat seminar on Saturday evening with speakers like Peter Hledin, Bob Teague, Gary Smith and many more! Everyone is invited so come on out! It's being held at the Camden on the Lake Resort and Yacht Club...the old Horny Toad complex!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Yep. You can have your kids hang their feet off the bow at 45mph cruising down the main channel rough as hell as long as the rail is 18" high but can't sit on the sunpad at idle.

Now figure that one out.
That always drives me nuts when I see it. Last week back in the State Park I saw kids hanging their feet over the front of a pontoon boat while it was underway! This was right before rounding the corner at Lazy Days to head towards the GG bridge and 2 morons almost hit us head on as they are hugging the shoreline to make the turn towards Party Cove.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The speed limit after dusk is 30 MPH. Friday night at Dog Day's is a must.
WEAR YOUR KILL SWITCH(S)!!!!! The water is like no other... and is nicknamed "The Wash Machine". There is no rhyme or reason to the waves on the weekends or special events.

And as stated... 30MPH is the night time speed limit.

Another gotcha the WP likes to use is not having the life jackets "readily available".

Another Friday night location is the Shady Gator... they have a foam party and DJ.
http://shadygators.com/

Lazy Gators, right next door is also a cool location with a swim up bar and illusion pool.

Be safe and have fun and if you go to Party Cove.... bring lots of boat soap with you.

http://www.dogdays.ws/

Last edited by TW720HVY; 07-28-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered

How about the best places to stay, with slip?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

How far is the Tan Tar A from the shoot out action by land?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Tan Tara is about 8 -9 miles by water to the Shootout. Tan Tara is at the 26mm. Camden on the Lake (Horney Toad) and Shady Gators are at the 7mm. Dog Days is just off the main channel on the Glaize Arm which connects to the main channel at the 19mm. A lot of your "BIG" nightlife places are unfortunaely not close to either Tan Tara or Capt. Rons (Shootout location) There are a lot of smaller bars located up that way, just not your big Night Club type places. There will be a lot happen at Capt Rons. that weekend.

Here's a little list of places near Tan Tara and the Shootout

Bear Bottom Resort 38mm
Capt Rons 34mm
Bull Dogs 32mm
Larrys on the Lake 31mm
Marineers 31 31mm
Fish & Company 31mm Linn Creek Cove
Millers 28.5mm
Tan Tara 26mm
Paradise 24mm
Shorty Pants 21.5mm
Dorceys 20mm
Dog Days 19mm Grand Glaize Arm 1mm
Top Sider 19mm Grand Glaize Arm 1mm
Backwater Jacks 18mm

Lots I left out I'm sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.