Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
George H W Bush runs his 38 Fountain aground >

George H W Bush runs his 38 Fountain aground

Notices

George H W Bush runs his 38 Fountain aground

Old 07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't there an old video of him running his Fountain into a pier as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

-Dateline Washington DC.... Pravda wire service....7/13/2010:

President Barack Obama commented in an authoritative, concerned and painfully stentorian manner shortly after the grounding:

"I am glad that everyone on board President Bush's boat was safe and sound. Mr. Bush may have been a great President, but unfortunately I am too young to remember his time in my house, and I was also in Indonesia during his term in office. I do know that many of the things I am said to be responsible for were actually his faultand his son's, along with President's Reagan, Eisenhower, Nixon and all the other Republicans....... excluding Lincoln, of course.

Obviously this proves that we all make navigational errors of one sort or another. Look at me...I have been putting the U.S. Ship of State on the rocks for the past 18 months...and I will not stop until it is completely sunk.....Bon Voyage comrades."

The major networks, news wires and CNN immediately published the first sentence of the above speech. White House Press Czar Robert Gibbs shortly thereafter denied the remainder of the comments..."The President was making simple off the cuff remarks and obviously misread his teleprompter" Gibbs than laughed at all remaining questions before exiting the podium.

Last edited by T2x; 07-14-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Kinda figured you would comment Made me smile.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Missing Person !

Where's CATMANDO ? I need to know the true meaning and purpose of this incident.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x

President Barack Obama commented in an authoritative, concerned and painfully stentorian manner shortly after the grounding:

"I am glad that everyone on board President Bush's boat was safe and sound. Mr. Bush must have been a great President, but unfortunately I am too young to remember his time in my house, and I was also in Indonesia during his term in office. I do know that many of the things I am said to be responsible for were actually his fault along with President's Reagan, Eisenhower, Nixon and all the other Republicans....... excluding Lincoln, of course.

Obviously this proves that we all make navigational errors of one sort or another. Look at me...I have been putting the U.S. Ship of State on the rocks for the past 18 months...and I will not stop until it is completely sunk.....Bon Voyage comrades."

The major networks, news wires and CNN immediately published the first sentence of the above speech. White House Press Czar Robert Gibbs shortly thereafter denied the remainder of the comments..."The President was making simple off the cuff remarks and obviously misread his teleprompter" Gibbs than laughed at all remaining questions before exiting the podium.
that is awesome...............
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
that is awesome...............
X2
Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

This morning there was a thread on this. Not sure where it went.........? I posted a link to the vid of him running that boat up onto a dock.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sunshadow
Isn't there an old video of him running his Fountain into a pier as well.
Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ntMluaKA_c

I think Bush Sr.'s first Fidelity was a Cig he bought from Don A.

Last edited by McGary911; 07-13-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x

"I am glad that everyone on board President Bush's boat was safe and sound. Mr. Bush must have been a great President, but unfortunately I am too young to remember his time in my house, and I was also in Indonesia during his term in office. I do know that many of the things I am said to be responsible for were actually his fault along with President's Reagan, Eisenhower, Nixon and all the other Republicans....... excluding Lincoln, of course.

I'm not so sure if that's true. Not to say that it is not true, but curious if you have a link and if that's a credible source.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stageharbor
I was There on the beach secret service had a perimeter set up made from dock lines and fenders. There was also a 2008 formula fastec 38 on the beach. he was following bush through the fog and ended up on the beach. no damage to speak of.
It's amazing what the Bush family won't do for a good laugh...

Maybe the Formula was the Secret Service tag-a-long boat???

Just proves the old saying...

Never drive behind old ladys with blue hair...or...old men wearing hats...

Last edited by divenstar; 07-13-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.