If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charter Member#1545 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    Grand Junction, Co.
    Gregr, this was supposed to be stronger than the BravoXR unit. I ran the unit at last years Fall Heatwave Poker Run and at Powell 3 weeks ago. I would say 7-8 hours. No, I am not a very happy camper right now.
    Todd, I was running with Tony in his 30 Daytona and we were running around 75mph. We were not even on the sticks that hard when she let go. I think I'll try a stock XR unit and see if it lasts this time.

Charter Member#1300 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    2003 Nordic Rage
    SLC, UT

Sam, Talk to Pyle about a quote on a Teague XR.

Charter Member # 545 Gold Member Beak Boater's Avatar
    Port Tobacco MD/Cape Coral Fl
    Sorry to hear about your motor..sounds like a smoke'n cat. Your the only guy I've read running 1.36 gears and 36 Bravo 1's!! I have a pair of 36 Bravo 1's with ten minutes of test time. Have to go down to 1.36 gears also. I am in a V hull, wont be able to turn them. If you need a spare set of props drop me a line. Will sell or trade for a pair of comparable 32 Bravo 1's Good luck on your thash to make the other run.

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    fuel injection, superchargers
    PA and MD
    You need to dump the intercooler water to the top of the drives.

cat & mice - Loved your comment about the piston ring..."not good"...Hang on to your sense of humour, you need it in this hobby. Water pressure gauges/alarms might be a good idea. Lots of us use them on the engine but never thought about the intercooler. If it gets plugged for any reason..."not good".

Uncle Toys
    Mike Ė Rookie question. Is it standard having the drive pickup feed the intercooler for the supercharger? I remember you showing me your through-hull water pickups. Why not use that?

Work hard dude, we need you at the regatta.

Gold Member Gold Member Turbojack's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona
    Houston, TX, USA
    While we are on subject of alarms. What about detonation alarms. I have the edelbrock one but between wind noise & motor noise & trying to watch where I am going I do not hear it or look at it. Only if I happen to look down and see red I know to shut down.

Cat & Mice
    Uncle Toys, You can only get so much water thru one pickup so I wanted to make sure the motor had the most. Normally the drive pickup works very good for intercooler but in this case it just wasn't getting ehough water.
    I am adding another set of pickups on the transom. I am going to place them just in front of the drive so they spray the lower unit keeping it cool as well.

Cobra Marty, You are right about the dumps. I actually have 45 deg dumps right over the top of my drive. Both the intercooler dump and the sea strainer Blow off dumps directly onto the top of the drive.

Turbo, Ya that sounds like a good idea. I will check into that. I am also going to add a set of Pyro guages.

We romoved the Heads, blowers last night and I think if everything goes ok we have a good chance of getting this thing done by the Regatta.

Cat & Mice
    Tomcat, We do this for FUN right. Ya I keep a pretty good attitude about this kind of stuff. It was actually pretty cool experiance. I am just glad we had a 30 pack on board for the 4.5 mile return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12